Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

528i Driver Banned for year

• 29-09-2005 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

outrageous, he should appeal this :D ;

BMW DRIVER, 11, BANNED FROM DRIVING FOR YEAR
    But he won't be legal for another 6
    By Geoffrey Lakeman

AN 11 year-old caught driving a 140mph BMW was banned for a year yesterday...even though he can't legally drive until he is 17.

The boy will also get an instant nine points on his licence the moment he passes his test.

Mike Redpath, defending, said: "He thought what he was doing was quite legitimate. He pointed out to police that it wasn't a stolen car.

"I have explained to him that he has to take lessons and take a test and he now understands that."

The youngster, just 4ft 6in tall and hardly able to see over the steering wheel, was spotted driving at night without lights.

Police followed him at 30 mph with their blue light flashing.

The BMW 528i swerved, crossed the white lines, bounced into the kerb and narrowly missed a street lamp, a court heard. When the boy eventually pulled over he was arrested a few hundred yards from his home in Andover, Hants.

Magistrates heard the boy, who cannot be named, was playing on his £100 off-road mini motorbike last month when a man in his twenties offered the E-reg BMW in exchange.

The boy, said to have an attention disorder, spoke only to confirm his name, age and address during yesterday's 15-minute hearing at Basingstoke youth court. His mother sat beside him.

He admitted having no licence or insurance and driving without due care and attention.

He was given a four-month supervision order and banned from driving for a year, to take effect immediately.

The magistrates told him: "If you break the terms of the order you will be brought back to court and you will be punished in a different way."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

He better use his middle name when applying for his licence!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Its nice to see these recycled Panzer tanks are finally reaching their target market. Usually their drivers aren't as mature as this guy though, but the attention deficit disorder explains why the indicators and mirrors are never used on them....

'c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

junkyard wrote:
    He better use his middle name when applying for his licence!!! :D

Nah, he'll probably translate it and get an Irish one and spend the rest of his life terrorising Micra drivers on the M50.

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

I hope your not implying that I, as a BMW owner, am an inconsiderate driver? Its just that these little people keep getting in the way. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

528i wrote:
    He admitted having no licence or insurance and driving without due care and attention.

Oh I can't help but laugh,
    A Beemer driver not driving with due care and attention, NEVER! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

528i wrote:
    Magistrates heard the boy, who cannot be named, was playing on his £100 off-road mini motorbike last month when a man in his twenties offered the E-reg BMW in exchange.
    I don't know how old an E-reg is but WTF ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

A Beemer driver not driving with due care and attention, NEVER!

As opposed to Micra/Clio/Starlet drivers finding themselves stunned at being on the M50 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

528i wrote:

The boy, said to have an attention disorder,
    ."

nice way to say, he's a little boll*x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Did he get to keep the Beemer? If the dude made a fair swap, then the kid still made out like a bandit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I never knew you could use your mental age to get off a driving conviction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

528i wrote:
    AN 11 year-old caught driving a 140mph BMW was banned for a year yesterday..."

When I first read that bit I thought it said he was caught driving it at 140mph :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Driving a BMW, I'll bet he didn't use the indicators either! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

stevenmu wrote:
    I don't know how old an E-reg is but WTF ?

1988, i think, not worth a lot to be honest, probably had no mot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Can we stop with the Beemer bashings please! Tell us what you guys drive and we can make fun of you! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

caesar wrote:
    When I first read that bit I thought it said he was caught driving it at 140mph :eek:
    So did I. I was wondering how the cops caught him when they were doing 30mph. :D

Advertisement