Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mikel Arteta Injury!!!

• 29-09-2005 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Oh....My....God :eek: Did you see the injury to Mikel Arteta!!

He went into convultions, possibly swallowed his tounge, and my first impression was that his legs were twitching because of a serious spinal injury!!

The diamano player wasn't even shown red!

The most shocking reaction to a injury by a player I have ever seen!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah I saw it. Was watching live on the net. Was a shocking injury and the player had no intentions of going near the ball only to plough through the back of Cahill. It looks very nasty and they didnt move him off the pitch for a good 5 minutes. If anyone has any news post it up because it really didnt look good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

was it Cahill?
    I must have just switched over before this happened.
    Just heard on the news that Arteta was unconscious towards the end but is ok now and an ambulance was called as a precaution.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

your dead right it was Arteta. Damn hard to make out players on those live streams. Glad to hear is ok now though it looked fairly nasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It wasn't Cahill , it was Arteta and from what I saw of it was a bloody terrible challenge. Possibly the worst I've seen since that famous Schumacher tackle at WC82. Worst still there was absolutely no need for it. The game was in the 90th minute and the tie was certainly over. As a mockery to proceedings the Dinamo player only got a yellow card.

Arteta was stretchered off in a neckbrace and I don't want to tempt fate but the way he was smashed into the ground face first like that I wouldn't be surprised if he has permanent injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

My original fear was that he was having leg twitches due to a head injury.

fingers crossed it wont be too serious, but he will be out for a while still. Not good news for everton.

shocking challenge, should of been straight red.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Appologies, It was Mikel Arteta :o ... I edited it now. Thanks.

It was the most synical challange at full sprint, he jumped shoulder first into his back while he was in the air! Appauling, and hopefully Uefa will intervine and hand out a lengthy ban. Although unlikely.

It was very worrying looking anyway. I just hope my fears are proven wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That is good news all right. I thought he was having a fit on the pitch and that article proves it. It was a shocking challenge which deserved a straight red. Arteta is very lucky as it could have been very serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

If UEFA are any good they'll charge the offending player. The referee should be given a slap as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

im a hard up blue nose and that was the worst tackle on an everton player i have ever seen, in my long (and troubled :D ) time supporting the toffees.

the ref, just as the bald eagle in the cl game, was another parrot to our cause. why do we get all the muppets recently reffin our games.

booooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

ANybodu have a clip of this? Sounds very nasty - glad to hear he isn't seriously injured. Amazing that he only got a yellow considering how bad y'all say it was. Wonder did the ref totally miss it or reacted to pressure?

Advertisement