Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Newest Track

• 29-09-2005 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

check it out here Head Nod

let me know what ye think of it.

(honesty is the best policy!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

pretty damn enjoyable tune.
    it builds nicely and has a nice groove to it. definitely lives up to the title :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Too 'Funky' to be classed as techno imo - it's that backing sound loop your using - makes it far to repetitive. Some of the effects sounds are not sitting right - dunno - needs work imho...

Perhaps some breaks or I dunno more of a lift to it? Could be used as a filler maybe early on in a mix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Mark J

smeggle wrote:
    Too 'Funky' to be classed as techno imo - it's that backing sound loop your using - makes it far to repetitive. Some of the effects sounds are not sitting right - dunno - needs work imho...

Perhaps some breaks or I dunno more of a lift to it? Could be used as a filler maybe early on in a mix?

yea, funky f*cked up bass. but i classify anything i make as "techno" cos i couldn`t be bothered "sub-genre-ing" everything i make.
    it`s what i`m into primarily, so i just class it under that.

sorry, i like repetitiveness!

the effects - well, i`m not a master of anything on anything yet, working on it but tx for pointing it out. it`s easily fixed with practice.
    still learning the "trade"!!!!!

tx for your input. appreciated.

tman wrote:
    pretty damn enjoyable tune.
    it builds nicely and has a nice groove to it. definitely lives up to the title :)

nice one tman, suppose some people can see/hear what i was aiming for and others can`t.

personal and freedom of choice, don`t expect everyone to like it.
    (expecting a slating someway along the line, but thats why i put it up, isn`t it? feedback!?!)

glad you liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Mark J wrote:
    yea, funky f*cked up bass. but i classify anything i make as "techno" cos i couldn`t be bothered "sub-genre-ing" everything i make.
    it`s what i`m into primarily, so i just class it under that.

sorry, i like repetitiveness!

the effects - well, i`m not a master of anything on anything yet, working on it but tx for pointing it out. it`s easily fixed with practice.
    still learning the "trade"!!!!!

tx for your input. appreciated.

Hey don't get me wrong - play about with it a bit more like say accenuating the bass slightly, maybe adding something to that loop to sort of lift it a bit? it's like to me it seems to 'Flatten' everything and I'm feeling probably that it's affecting how the beat is coming across - didn't say it was bad or anything just maybe more reworking to bring it out more.. as it is it could be used for filling out another track or as a fillin between mixes - I could certainly use it like that for that reason.
    As for the effects it's like there sort of not - how can I put it - it's like there a seperate track overlaying? not sitting right was my first feeling? I'd say maybe toning them or adding something that will blend them more?

Other than that - it's got a lot of promiss - I'd use something like that early on in the evening though myself before a main set..

Well you did ask for honest comments ;)

• Advertisement

smeggle wrote:
    Well you did ask for honest comments ;)

and thanks for them.
    i did say i appreciated the feedback!(good/bad/or indifferent)

thanks for taking the time out to listen to it and hopefully someway along the line, i`ll be able to hone my "skills"!!!

tx 4 the response again!

cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Altheus

I like it, it's sorta of minimal techno with a lemon twist. I'd like hear a nice melodic synth laid out maybe in a climb somewhere. Great work so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Altheus

Diggin that "mnml tchno" track.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

I like it. Good beats, good bass, good job! Reminds me a bit of Junior Jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Could i be so bold as to suggest the mix needs a lot of work You need to compress with a soft knee with about a ratio of 7:1 to beef it up a bit. It will make it breathe a bit better too. Also the rhythm bits could be a bit more varied, because they lack a certain groove, that the bassline certainly possesses. Also a bit more of a melodic variation somewhere, maybe with some screeching square lead might give it a bit of an interesting edge.
    but it's pretty decent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

Not bad. A tune that youd play for 2-3 minutes but absolutely no longer imo

jtsuited wrote:
    Could i be so bold as to suggest the mix needs a lot of work You need to compress with a soft knee with about a ratio of 7:1 to beef it up a bit. It will make it breathe a bit better too. Also the rhythm bits could be a bit more varied, because they lack a certain groove, that the bassline certainly possesses. Also a bit more of a melodic variation somewhere, maybe with some screeching square lead might give it a bit of an interesting edge.
    but it's pretty decent

way over my head! JTsuited!

just throwing beats together, don`t know the intricacies (yet) of proper production.

tx for your reply though.

Hub wrote:
    Not bad. A tune that youd play for 2-3 minutes but absolutely no longer imo

understandable, tx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

You need to compress with a soft knee with about a ratio of 7:1

Its way over your head because it means nothing. Compression advice given out on forums is always bull****.

Advertisement