Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3 Disc Holder

Options
  • 29-09-2005 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

I had to do the NCT this year and got my disk which is now stuck on to the windscreen with a bit of sticky tape. My question is can you get 3 disc holders for the windscreen - tax, insurance and NCT disk - my local motor shop doesn't have them but I presume you can get them somewhere.

Just to have a little rant - if you can't get tax without insurance (and kindof without nct if you don't go online) then surely one - just a tax disc - would suffice on the windscreen. Probably discussed before but I felt like saying it anyway......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

You can indeed you insurance company should have the 3 pocket ones...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

I had to do the NCT this year and got my disk which is now stuck on to the windscreen with a bit of sticky tape. My question is can you get 3 disc holders for the windscreen - tax, insurance and NCT disk - my local motor shop doesn't have them but I presume you can get them somewhere.

Just to have a little rant - if you can't get tax without insurance (and kindof without nct if you don't go online) then surely one - just a tax disc - would suffice on the windscreen. Probably discussed before but I felt like saying it anyway......

The reason your insurance disc should be displayed is for easy access to your insurance details anbd its exact expiry date

The reason you display your nct is you could very well tax your car for a year (or 3 months) but your nct expiry might fall short of that

Thats why all 3 have to be displayed, its all about time periods/ expiry of one of the above but not necessarily the rest, and as PowerHouseDan said your insurer can send you out one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Two of my local motor factors stock 3-disc holders (outside Dublin).

Try a few different factors and you should get one.

Happy hunting ! :)
    Silvera.

Advertisement