Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Dail up to use with Sat BB

• 30-09-2005 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I have just got one way sat BB using skydsl. I still need to dial up. Who provides the best value dial up either flat rate or a subscription.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

Hows it going!
    Im with utv for my dial up 180hrs a month for €24 i think it is, local, national and calls to GB are free after 6pm and from 6pm friday till 8am monday or there abouts so my bill is about 50/60€ a month but u still pay line rental to €ircom bimonthly untill utv take over that end of things as well, i've been with utv for about 8mths but still waiting for line rental to be transfered.
    I had a few problems with been kicked and not been able to dial back in for maybe an hr or more at the start but after a lot of shouting and curseing it turned out that the other shower of f*!=+£$ had me on a split signal and utv were not to blame but they did give me a alternate 13513 number to redial if my line was dropped and its never let me down once.
    I to am using SkyDsl and find no problems with it and find the two work well together, but theres is one thing to do and that is put the utv disc into the bin when you get it and enter the details manually!
    Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i thought this thread was to do with sat internet the dail uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Sparky_S wrote:
    i thought this thread was to do with sat internet the dail uses.
    I doubt if those muppets in Kildare St. even know about the Interweb :D

Hi mijmu, I myself am on Eircom's Flat Rate 25 giving me 25 off-peak hours (after 18:00 on weekdays and all weekend) for €9.99 a month, however since i got Skydsl in March i spend less time online as i am no longer waiting so much for simple things (like this website which is fairly small data wise) to download.

Advertisement