Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else notice this?

Options
  • 30-09-2005 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I've noticed since I started back that every time I use any of the functions in Internet Explorer (e.g. File, Edit, View, Favourites, Tools, Help), the computer starts to go really slowly and IE freezes half the time. Has this happened to anyone else? Why not check now? :)

(I've been mostly using the computers in Earlsfort Terrace, so this might not apply to Belfield)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

your H: drive could be getting full. if you're in ET and your account's in belfield the server for your H: drive is actually in belfield so it'll be a bit slower than for ET accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I dunno, it never happened to me last year, and I think my H: drive was fuller back then but I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

the whole network is slower this year it is currently riddled with worms etc. and comp services are currently doing a major crack down and file sharing etc,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

zap wrote:
    the whole network is slower this year it is currently riddled with worms etc. and comp services are currently doing a major crack down and file sharing etc,.
    Computer Services are doing it? :D Aww... bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

i know they are actually doing something for once, i know people (staff) that have had their mac addys blocked from the network for using p2p.

• Advertisement

i'd love to set up the WeHateCompServicesSoc. What a bunch of muppets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Whenever I try to go into my favourites in IE, it slows right hell down, and often freezes. It literally takes about 3/4 minutes to be able to click on anything if it actually does start working! Annoying as hell. I thought I read somewhere that someone petitioned Comp Services to install Firefox on all the computers...

no? :confused: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Red Alert wrote:
    i'd love to set up the WeHateCompServicesSoc.
    It's called the Department of Computer Science.

there's an ancient version of Mozilla in NAL. try using portable firefox on your USB stick and you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

DaveMcG wrote:
    Whenever I try to go into my favourites in IE, it slows right hell down, and often freezes. It literally takes about 3/4 minutes to be able to click on anything if it actually does start working! Annoying as hell. I thought I read somewhere that someone petitioned Comp Services to install Firefox on all the computers...

no? :confused: lol

Yes, that's exactly what's happening to me!

Dave,
    I'll meet you outside the Daedalus building tomorrow at 14:00. Bring a sledge hammer......

• Advertisement
Advertisement