Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which cheapish phone has the best mp3 and camera functionality

• 30-09-2005 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

I dont give a damn about wireless, WAP, bluetooth, nice screens, or any fancy phone functions etc. Just want a phone I can stick memory cards into and listen to mp3s and take pics, preferably 1.3megapixels+. Any good phones or offers at the moment?
    I just dont like bringing my mp3 player or camera down the boozer, risk of loss/theft, and too bulky.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

nokia 6230i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

The only thing bout the 6230i is that it isn't cheap (E370) .

To save a little bit you could go with the 6630 (E299), I got mine for E200 with a trade in, vodafone had a good offer on that month (E100 off any 3G phone with a trade in, just the phone no charger ,no book, etc) and you could wait and see if they bring something like that back. i can't really think of anything off hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

rubadub wrote:
    I dont give a damn about wireless, WAP, bluetooth, nice screens, or any fancy phone functions etc. Just want a phone I can stick memory cards into and listen to mp3s and take pics, preferably 1.3megapixels+. Any good phones or offers at the moment?
    I just dont like bringing my mp3 player or camera down the boozer, risk of loss/theft, and too bulky.

The things you don't want and the things you do tend to come together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

moto e398 or 6230i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thanks guys. I went off and did some searching and found the 6230i was probably the best, that was before I saw it mentioned here. You have all confirmed it.
    It is cheap enough to buy it online.

• Advertisement

Niall123 wrote:
    The only thing bout the 6230i is that it isn't cheap (E370) .
    Got it for €207 new on ebay, and a new 2gb card for €112.

€319 for the lot including delivery, not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

and hows the 2gig card on it?any good? have a 256mb one in my own.....

I only bought it yesterday.
    Nokia says it only goes up to 512mb. this thread says otherwise
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=307990

this guy is selling them
    http://stores.ebay.com/eMartBuy-USA_MMC-Multimedia-Card_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

on another ebay seller says the adata samsung 2gb works on a 6230i

Advertisement