Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxium Size MultiMEdia Card Compatible with 6230i

• 30-09-2005 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know whats the maxium size card that the 6230i card will accept??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

1GB and 2GB MMCs work fine on the Nokia 6230i...

http://www.mobymemory.com/2Gb_MMC_Memory_Card_for_Mobile_phones.asp

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Cheers Thanks, I'm putting TV sows on mine so i need lots of memory. So far i put scrubs and stuff onto my current 64mb and it looks og i just gotta tweek the settings so better AV but overall it will keep my amused on the bus lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

are you sure. I was only searching on ebay today and found this..
    Nokia 6230i Phone

32 MB internal memory and support for MMC cards up to 512 MB - use the phone as a digital storage device

thought it sounded low. Maybe the spec was written before 512+ were even out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Yes I am sure, as 1GB and 2GB MMCs work in the Nokia 6230 and I've read that there are no problems with the Nokia 6230i either. Plus the site I've linked above test their memory cards with the phones they list.

As for Nokia, they always quote a smaller sized MMC as the maximum because not all brands of large-capacity MMC will work. That's why it's always best to check if a certain brand of MMC works with your phone before buying.

The MMCs sold by Mobymemory or Komplett, for example, have no problems with the Nokia 6230 or 6230i. :)

- Neil

Advertisement