Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting pike list

Options
  • 30-09-2005 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

ok, see this list -
    here

The Llangdegfedd pike is strange, it has to be the same fish, as each time it was caught, it got heavier, cos they couldnt all be different fish, could they??
    The recent record? fish got my attention, as I have always been interested in big pike - Fred Bullers Doomsday book of mammoth pike is brilliant. Any one read it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Llangdegfedd is a massive reservoir stocked with Trout in the UK, very much doubt its the same fish, theres probably a number of big pike in it, you can only fish lures there (fishery rules) so the best tactics for hunting big pike can't be used. I'm sure the big trout lakes in Ireland have pike to that size too, they just can't or rarely be fished due to the rules on the lakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

Just pretend you're from Eastern europe and fish wherever you want.You can also kill everything you catch and even sell it in town for the table.

Advertisement