Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Papers and glossy mags and so on ya hear?

• 30-09-2005 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Anybody else here about this whole scrapping of the old DIT newspaper to make way for an SU controlled glossy mag? I know ye olde Journalism students are kicking up a fuss, just wondering does it jump into anyone elses sphere of conciousness?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

well possibly the dit newspaper was useless and they're opting for something a bit more fun and studentish. lets face it, most students aren't after high quality journalism. i'd pay for a funny mag a-la theslate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Never saw the old one. I hate tabloids and I'm not a big fan of any type of magazines so I'm guessing I'd have prefered the old style one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ugh... I've seen some woeful attempts at slate-esque humour. The Piranha was Trinitys piss take magazine and it was amazing about 6 or so years ago... when the guys running it were the lads who went on and started The Slate. Now its just a horribley unfunny publication.
    No... I dont think the SU mag is going to be a funny one, I think its going to be rather serious from what I can gather.

I think the point people are making is : Old paper was independant and objective , new one is SU run.

Thats just what I'm going on from all the random emails I've been getting etc

Advertisement