Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE Freezes Long Replies With Quotes ?

Options
  • 30-09-2005 12:21pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For me, IE (v6 sp1) seems to freeze with 100% cpu usage if I try and post a medium/long reply with a quote in it. Long replies without quotes, and short replies with/withouth quotes seem unaffected, the length of the quote itself doesn't seem to matter either. I've been playing around with a thread in the test forum but haven't found the exact lengths yet.

It happens as soon as I press the submit reply button, so I'm thinking it's maybe some kind of client side validation script is the problem ? Is this happening for anyone else ?

(Firefox as always seems unaffected)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

this happens to me also - usually on replies with quotes too.
    I havent noticed any other variables and thought it was just an issue my side.
    I usually copy any long post to a notepad before I send (just in case) - then just copy it into the "quick reply" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Still on the first page of Feedback: here

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

oops, I've gotten lazy with the search down :o

Advertisement