Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart facing increasing losses

Options
  • 30-09-2005 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Some interesting tidbits from this article on the RTE website. It seems as if Smart has around 2,900 residential BB users, quite a way to go to reach the 100,000 level where the free line rental runs out.

M.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Until LLU fiasco is sorted (will they ever), I'd say it'll be a long time before they hit their target of 100k customerbase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Smart was borked the very second Eircom decided to take that court case, period; and the odds were against them well before that. The company will be dead within a year, two at the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Smart was borked the very second Eircom decided to take that court case, period; and the odds were against them well before that. The company will be dead within a year, two at the outside.

I've had that view for a while!!!

Eircom simply outspends everyone else in their legal department.

If they spent as much brain power in trying to twist the law in their legal department as they should in the technical departments then everyone would be better off.
    Solicitors/Barristors may be part of the so called "checks and balances" but they are parasites in my view!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I hope Smart succeeds rather than fails. One thing is for sure though. They put the wind up Eircom when they announced their 35 euro 2meg broadband + line rental deal. We need more of this sort of thing, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

zuma wrote:
    If they spent as much brain power in trying to twist the law in their legal department as they should in the technical departments then everyone would be better off.
    But Eircom have too much to lose by allowing competitors to use their own network.

• Advertisement
Advertisement