Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What have I done!

• 30-09-2005 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right here goes, just broke up with my boyfriend last week - Sunday. Decided to go out last night on the lash to forget about him. ANYWAY I met up with this fella really nice fella and one thing led to another and we slept together. Everything was cool between us this morning, we swapped numbers said we would meet up for a drink again etc etc thing is he has been texting me all morning telling me he can't stop thinking about last night bla bla bla then he came out with the bombshell - He is only 20 that he lied about his age saying he was 25. Now I have spoken to my friend she said **** it he doesn't look 20 etc etc but Im 26(nearly 27) I think its a bit young to be seeing him what do you's think????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I think you don't come out of a relationship and start dating your rebound-legover.

Rebound legovers are like teabags. They serve an excellent, comforting purpose, but if you reuse them and reuse them it'll all go messy and leave a bitter taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭pdunno

I think you don't come out of a relationship and start dating your rebound-legover.

Rebound legovers are like teabags. They serve an excellent, comforting purpose, but if you reuse them and reuse them it'll all go messy and leave a bitter taste.

agreed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

IRebound legovers are like teabags. They serve an excellent, comforting purpose, but if you reuse them and reuse them it'll all go messy and leave a bitter taste.

LOL LOL LOL :D

Erm, I think four or five days is a pretty speedy rebound thingy really. All very well going out and getting hammered and picking up a random punter, whatever rings your bell, but are you seriously thinking of getting into something heavy so soon?? Your preoccupation seems to be with his age rather than getting into a relationship AGAIN after being single for 4 DAYS. What about a bit of you time, or are you a serial monogamist? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

IMO the difference between 20 and 27 is OK for sex, but a big no-no for a relationship.

So you only have a problem if you are looking for another relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

I don't think the age thing is a problem at all... but I would advise you try and steer clear of any kind of relationship for a while. It's too soon after your last one. Try stay strong and give yourself a chance get used to being alone and single, and basically being yourself again. Otherwise any relationship you attempt will be a preordained disaster... you'll have to deal with guilt at being with someone else, and comparison between your new guy and your old guy... etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭dramaqueen

Of course he can't stop thinking of you. You taught him a few things last night!
    Let the lesson end now though.
    He is a boy and you are a woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What I meant to say was....how do I let him down gently with out letting him know its his age think. God hell no,im not wanting to get into any kind of a relationship for a long time. To be honest I think its hilarious but I do feel a bit sick about the whole thing I would never go for a 20 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wetting myself in the office. Brilliant. Must know: Did you make that up yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That is not a big age gap but really rebounding in to a relationship is usually
    not the wisest.
    Then again if he is not intrested in anything serious and you want to have fun
    and he is willing to be used in such a fashion why not.
    Just make sure to dump him before he gets overly emotionally attched,
    or then again you may find that if he respects you enough and you have
    enough things in common it may work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Ohnoooooo wrote:
    what do you's think????

Who cares about the age anyways?

Never, ever ever ever continue to see the person you had make yourself feel better about yourself sex with. Quit answering his texts and move on. Its easy.

Oh how I wish I had done that several times in the past. Put on the face that says "I am a b*stard/bítch". It gets easier with time.

K-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Ohnoooooo wrote:
    What I meant to say was....how do I let him down gently with out letting him know its his age think. God hell no,im not wanting to get into any kind of a relationship for a long time. To be honest I think its hilarious but I do feel a bit sick about the whole thing I would never go for a 20 year old.

Wouldn't it be nice not to have to lie to him? Just tell him that you're just out of a relationship, and that he is a little young for you; and you need a little while to get back on your feet again. Nice to have met you, good luck in the future, that kind of thing. He's young, he's happy to have been "with an older woman" (bless!) - he'll be just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Just don't reply to him ffs
    Thats how you tell some1 to fukk off in todays world

Maybe though you enjoy him sending you loved-up txts cos it makes you feel better and you wanna drag it out...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

im 20 and that exactly thing happened to me last year...sniffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

20 & 27?

You're practically twins compared to some couples I know that have lasted quite a while.

Really, to my mind, if there's an issue here it's the fact that you'd just broke up with someone else the same week. Then again, that can work too.

If you are thinking in terms of potential life partners, then now probably isn't the time to rush into things, but if you're looking for good company and great sex (for the time being at least) then really none of it matters a damn at all, just whether or not he's good company and good in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

There's no need to lie about wanting to break-up with him because of his age. It's not like guys find that offensive. Why would you ever consider hiding the actual truth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

You sound like a 16-20yr old - don't think there'll be a prob. Give it a lash, if it doesn't work out it seems like you'll be shallow enough to coast onwards and upwards ;)

Just don't give him anything - sounds like you might be carrying more than just the usual relationship baggage.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

not really a problem once both parties are above 18 or 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

The guy obviously likes you, so if you like him back age shouldn’t matter..just see how it goes, and in-joy spending time together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Rule is half your age and add 7.
    You're 26 so that's 13 + 7 = 20.

You're in the green, go for it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

If you don't want to see him again then just tell him that you're not looking for a relationship right now.
    But make sure you don't want to date/see him for the right resaons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well i think the age gap would probably be ok if it was the other way around...boys can be very immature at that age still. but a 20 yr old girl could go out with a 17 yr old guy alot easier than tha other way around.

you might enjoy getting txts from him, saying all lovely things and thats all fine but sooner or later u will have to say it to him straight, ignoring txts hoping he will go away is cruel and mean so please dont do that to the poor guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

of course he's hittin with ya with besotted texts......you prob took his virginity! Imagine him running to the lads in the pub at Uni 'guess what I did last night....with a 27 yr old!!!!' High fives all round!!

Well thankfully you seemd to have banished all thoughts of a relationship, especially after just coming out of one. The age is of no significance but the timing is.

Ignore the texts or risk the attentions of a stalker!

shakaman wrote:
    Ignore the texts or risk the attentions of a stalker!
    That's a bit much to be honest. If texting that he's interested (when she's reciprocating these texts) can be considered the beginnings of a stalker then we've ALL been stalkers at some stage.

As I said before, by the half your age and add 7 rule she's in the green. Aye it's a rebound fling, enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

Ohnoooooo wrote:

let him down gently? WHY? The dishonest bastard lied to you to get you into da leaba, just ignore him, he'll survive.

Besprechen wrote:
    WHY? The dishonest bastard lied to you to get you into da leaba
    Maybe he lied so that she'd get to know him first before her ageist preconceptions kicked in. It takes two to tango..
    He also came clean and seems to have hopes to pursue something. Kinda destroys your theory really. It's hardly the behaviour befitting a manipulator just looking for sex..

Quite nobel actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Rule is half your age and add 7.
    You're 26 so that's 13 + 7 = 20.

You're in the green, go for it..

That's the rule for slagging rights on your mates. If they go with anyone under that age you can slag them and they have to take it with no comebacks.

In the real world it depends on the two people involved and unfortunately there's no formula for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ah there is,thats the standard formula, sure there are exceptions, but 20 isn't that young. It all depends on the people involved really.......that age gap shouldn't really be any sort of a deciding factor in it. The inital comments about rebound person being a dodgey one to date i'd be inclined to agree with though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Ohnoooooo wrote:
    Right here goes, just broke up with my boyfriend last week - Sunday. Decided to go out last night on the lash to forget about him. ANYWAY I met up with this fella really nice fella and one thing led to another and we slept together. Everything was cool between us this morning, we swapped numbers said we would meet up for a drink again etc etc thing is he has been texting me all morning telling me he can't stop thinking about last night bla bla bla then he came out with the bombshell - He is only 20 that he lied about his age saying he was 25. Now I have spoken to my friend she said **** it he doesn't look 20 etc etc but Im 26(nearly 27) I think its a bit young to be seeing him what do you's think????

I'm confused? Do you actually want to see this guy again? I am not quite sure the issue here, is it that you just broke up with your boyfriend, is it that this guy keeps texting you all morning, or is it that he is a bit younger than you ... it is all so very confusing ... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Ohnoooooo wrote:

"Dear John.."

Just tell the guy that you've just broken up with the bf and were out for a one nighter. You know, the usual spiel about not ready to commit... yada yada

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ohnoooooo wrote:

Simple: "Im not gay but I'll learn"

U seem like a classy girl....

Advertisement