Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehearsal spaces

Options
  • 30-09-2005 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Does UCD have one of these? I know of other colleges that do provide rooms that college-goers and their bands can use to practise in. If we do have on here at UCD, is there equipment kept there, or a facility to store your own?
    Would Musicsoc know anything about this?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

ask the music department, they may have some rooms although i gather they can be tricky beasts to deal with. dramsoc might let you use their theatre when it's not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

They'll probably tell you to f off, the ba$stards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

When is DramSoc's theatre ever not in use? At 8am? When there's a show on there's always someone in there, and as of midweek next week that's what it's going to be like again. 12 Angry Men, followed by the Fresher's Project, Fresher's Play and Fresher's Co-op... and so on. If they didn't need the space themselves, why would they reherse in the stairwells?

Music department are reputedly tosser-y. Hiring somewhere might be your best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 craiglen

sure just bring a fairly large tent and find a nice field!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've done 2 years of Music, I don't know if there's a seperate rehearsal hall (I doubt it) but there's no way they'd let you use the music rooms for anything other than classical music... and I doubt they'd even let you do that. The head of the department is the purest music snob you'll ever come across. I think people can practice their piano there at some stage but if you're even caught playing Simon and Garfunkel you'll get told to shutup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

^
    lol...

But I like Simon and Garfunkel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

all together now...liiike a briiidge over troubled waaaters....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That's not music. Get out of my practice room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:(

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd

Scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

:whispers: bravo bravo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

dont get me started on ths.

how big is UCD? not one ****ing rehearsal room. DIRTY ****ERS!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Hush petal. Have a hug. *hugs*

Advertisement