Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This BB solution will help a lot of people i promise!

• 30-09-2005 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

No matter where you live in the country i think this will help a lot of people stuck in the bb stoneage and the good thing about it is (of which there are a few) the price for hardware, installation and of course service.
    It is a skydsl solution but from an irish company based in Donegal!
    You place ur order and about a week or so latter ur up and running with a sky sized dish pointed at Telecom 2D-K6 (8º West) you can either go for a pci/dvb card or a usb/dvb box for laptop set up and if memory serves me i think i paid €220ish for the whole setup, it may have gone up a little but even so beats the hell out of the other sat providers with there 6/7 hundread euro setups and even more in some cases for what amounts to the same setup, its a no bull**** family run setup and when theres a problem-usually a small easy to fix one there on it straight away.
    It is one-way at the moment but if ur not running a web/ftp/server and just want to surf and download large or even very large files and live in the sticks you can't beat this option, also if gameings ur thing this is not for you, its a long way up and a long way down for time critical apps but i still can't praise it enough.
    Anyways after all that the address is <snipped>

Hope this info will be of some use!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They are yet another 1 way VSAT reseller of no particular merit. please add them to the 1 way sat thread below , they certainly do not merit a thread themselves .

€220 for c. €50 worth of card and c.€80 worth of dish and LNB and cable is not as high as E3 who charge €400 or 500 for the same package , otherwise not noteworthy

Funny how there is no mention of any install charges on their site, thats one good reason to avoid this crowd IMO until they print transparent pricing :(

Nor is there mention of the flat rate charges for the uplink which should be factored in the total cost

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement