Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tool album

Options
  • 30-09-2005 2:35pm

Anyone have any info on this new Tool album? :confused:
    All ive heard is some vague report from the webmaster a few months ago that one particular song is 16minutes long

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Anyone have any info on this new Tool album?

No.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

there is, believe it or not, a lot of info out there. you just have to decide wether you believe it or not. lots of 100% concrete information on toolband.com, but it's hidden away in cryptic messages and what not. one such message everyone assumed eluded to the album title, but it turns out this title is possibly of one track on the album, which is apparently untitled as of yet

go hunting for clues ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

it's been recorded as we speak. dont believe me? check http://myspace.com/20913840 for adam's myspace :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

That album was meant to be released late 2004.

Theyve put back the date so many times its ridiculous.

Luckily, the reasons for this were maintly because maynard wanted to do things with a perfect circle, which is good in itself, but its been 4 years since a tool album and im getting fairly sick of waiting.

Lucky they're are so good that i'm still a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

4 years already? The time flys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Lord Oz wrote:
    4 years already? The time flys...

I was just thinking that. It really only seems like one or two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

John2 wrote:
    I was just thinking that. It really only seems like one or two years.
    It does indeed. If it takes them 10 years i don't care, once when I pop that album into my CD player it is as beautiful as I had always hoped...

id say the time has built it up such high expectation in my mind that it could be an anti climax.

however, if its anything like aenima or lateralus i dont have to worry about that.

there was five years between Anima (1996) and Lateralus (2001)
    so if you look at it like that its not as long, and a perfect circle have released 2 albums since
    i read somewhere that its gonna be far heavier than lateralus, because the band have been listening to a lot of meshuggah :)

I heard the same thing, although heavier isnt always better, especially in Tool's case, but i'm sure itll be class anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i read somewhere that its gonna be far heavier than lateralus, because the band have been listening to a lot of meshuggah :)

the band themselves have said that they took influence from meshuggah and fantomas (support acts on the lateralus tour). both bands are heavy and experimental, so god knows what to expect
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I still think it's going to sound like Tool and not those bands. Although Tool always wear their influences on their sleeves. You can hear the likes of King Crimson, Neubauten and whatnot coursing through the music. What I expect is elements of Meshuggah and Fantomas layered into Tool's own sound.

Advertisement