Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl pipe installation set

Options
  • 30-09-2005 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050929.p.Installation

Lidl are offering a pipe installation set at present, details at link above. As the blurb says, it includes a water pump plier, a bent nose pipe wrench, a pipe cutter and Teflon tape, all of which I can make out in the photograph. But has anyone any idea what the six ring shaped objects are, and what they are used for? (one seems to have a handle extension for some reason)

And is 29.99 good value for this type of set?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Look like dies to me ... i.e. for cutting external threads on metal (gas) pipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭ishmael whale

Thanks for the quick response. I've my new toys right beside me and I think you're right, the inside of the rings might indeed score threads on a pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

I really have to ask , what can you use this for. Okay the pipe cutter is useful for copper pipe as well as the tape but what about the rest..
    I saw this set a while back and just couldn't figure out what I can use the rest of the items for in a DIY situation... and I love buying these toys if I can justify it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i think it's time the old machines that turn out this stuff were decommisioned.where are they making this stuff?-india maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭ishmael whale

beldin wrote:
    I really have to ask , what can you use this for.
    The big die with a handle could double as a croquet mallet. The other dies look pretty on a shelf, suggestive as they are of arcane knowledge. So, indeed, the set essentially consists of the cutter, tape and wrenches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

who needs justification to buy toys from lidl?!! :D
    beldin wrote:
    ... and I love buying these toys if I can justify it...

Advertisement