Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding/Skiing in Poland.Anyone been?

Options
  • 30-09-2005 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Planning on checking out Eastern Europe this winter for a week or so boarding in January.Have heard Zakopane in Poland is a good spot.

Anyone Been out there and have tips on the area?Accomodation,travel,ski pass,cost of living etc?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Hey yeah I've been goin there for the past few years cause one of my parents is polish. Its a great place but there are numerous things to watch out for. During polish holidays everybody is there, everybody and you have to wait in line for ages. Secondly there is not always enough snow, but when there is its deadly. Thing is snowboarding and extreme sports are the rage in poland at the moment and cause they don't have so much money, naturally they are goin to travel to their own resort - so u go to watch out. I haven't been there myself for about 3 years so maybe there are more lifts, and I can't actually remember when the polish holiday season is but I'll get back to you on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coreilly1

Yeah I'v heard the Polish holiday is in January and February so its meant to be mad busy at that time,big long queues and the like.Any I'v heard the chair lifts are ancient.Is the snow still plentiful in end of Feb/start of March?

Do you reckon I would get good deals on snowboard gear over there?A friend of mine told me that they don't rent out full gear,i.e only boards,not boots.So might have to have a look in Krakow before I go to zakapone.

Cheers for the tips mate

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coreilly1

Was looking at Slovakia aswell.That looks like a possibility.Any info/experience would be appreciated about Slovakia ski resorts aswell chaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 morealps

Hey,
    If you dont find what your looking for why not go to France?
    My partner and I are owner/runners of morealps in La Rosiere 1850 - right on the border of France and Italy.

Our packages are great value and we tailor every week to individual groups and are very flexible. On the whole, though, our packages include the following:

* Private Airport transfers (2 1/2 hrs)
    * 3 course evening meals with complimentary wine
    * 6 day lift tickets for France/Italy/Espace San Bernardo
    * Breakfast daily and cooked breakfast two mornings
    * Use of DVD's, console etc
    * 20% discount on equipment rental in resort
    * 3 days ski guiding with qualified instructor
    * Afternoon tea and cakes daily
    * Free private parking next to chalet
    * And lots more

Please see www.morealps.com for more details.
    Sarah.

Advertisement