Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying memory sticks from amazon.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Wow, Amazon have started to ship to Ireland again! That's pretty cool!

They don't say who they ship with. I had a problem with Amazon before, ordered a box set of Simpsons season 1, and it got lost. So after about 4 weeks they agreed to send me a replacement, free of charge, and it arrived with UPS.

A few months later I got a threatening letter from UPS where they claimed I owed them so much money and that this is their last attempt to resolve this before suing me. (I know, WTF?!)

Turns out UPS paid for the import tax/duty but they never sent me an invoice and never sent me a letter, except that one threatening to sue.

I'd say if they ship with USPS you're pretty safe.
    If it's a courier, they'll do everything by the book and you'll pay tax/customs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

thanks for the advice. if i cant find any cheaper alternatives i'll risk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

You'll get them on ebay for about that price(from Chinese sellers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

are all those chinese sellers reputable..?
    some of the prices seem to good to be true,or should I stay away from those sellers?

Hakko

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

fwiw the last time I got stuff from amazon.com it came through Germany so if they did that for the memory stck you're sorted..

edit: just looked at your link and it says shipping to US only.

• Advertisement
Advertisement