Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The coke can pyramid

Options
  • 30-09-2005 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

..anyone remember this?or am i really that old?think it mayv been 2000-2001?
    some :D of the guys in the res built a coke can pyramid on their windowsill for all to see-it was great! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I remember there was a snapple one in 01-02. ANd there were a large number of plastic cup ones this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

eoin and i made a huge one in session one and then it fell so we filled all de plastic cups up with water and placed them on the worktop... then eoin n his roommate got sent to see colm about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

Darren who was in my psychology A class in Session 2 this year made a small pyramid in his window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Pyramids are the new bathrobes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Shiney wrote:
    Darren who was in my psychology A class in Session 2 this year made a small pyramid in his window.
    It was actually meant to be Victorian style curtains but we ran out of cans. Despite the vast quantity of Coke he managed to consume over the three weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

odranCN wrote:
    eoin and i made a huge one in session one and then it fell so we filled all de plastic cups up with water and placed them on the worktop... then eoin n his roommate got sent to see colm about it!
    yes i heard about that! hee hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

We did the same.......just with cereal boxes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

Would Lil Red be Amy Ryan by any chance? I remember that pyramid...

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

There was a Jolt pyramid in 2003. The guy was seriously hyperactive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

We all were...

*caffeinated reminiscence*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

in 2003 session 1 i made a pyramid out of orange fanta cans
    with jolt bottle accents
    i was a happy child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 invisibleghost

Hehe I remember Eoin and Odran's one, they closed the kitchen window on my arm when I tried to steal one... :(
    I never knew Eoin got sent to Colm though :o

Also, someone HAS to make one out of those adorably tiny cups from the cafeteria... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

LiamD wrote:
    NEVER! (to the bathrobes thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Nay...... the bathrobes will live forever

And towels. They're more important then the bathrobes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

LiamD wrote:
    *throws shoe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Jack Lynch wrote:
    And towels. They're more important then the bathrobes
    As you told Matthew. Repeatedly. And you were quite, quite right.
    On topic, we must remember that the cup pyramid plague was begun by Dave, and he should therefore be blamed/praised. Whenever anyone mentions phases now, I think of those. The not-that-differentness of Phase III, the ridiculous size and lack of symmetry of Phase IV, the cubeness of Phase V, the non-existingness of Phase VI...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Does anyone have photos of Dave's masterwork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Wrong, actually. Stephen Cian Cassidy built one on our table at the table quiz last year. A whole year before all this phase stuff started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nollafyzzil

i remember the cereal box one session one this year, hilareous! :D

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    Wrong, actually. Stephen Cian Cassidy built one on our table at the table quiz last year. A whole year before all this phase stuff started.

Yeah, but his didn't popularise the whole movement. His didn't drive people to the point of breaking into his room through the window and knocking it down.

Who did that to Dave's, by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

yes. but S.C.C is slightly.. how may i put this... hell. i wont. you all no what i mean!

Raphael wrote:
    Crap! That makes it 3! You and your noticing my mistakes...
    And I believe we actually discovered the wrecker of Phase III, but I've err... forgotten who it was. I do indeed have a photo of Phase IV.
    And incidentally, I meant Dave started it in 2005.
    Yeah, that'll work...

i remember the cereal box one session one this year, hilareous! :D
    There was a cereal box one in session 2 as well. Dominic was very proud of it, despite the fact that it was only 3 boxes high, and about 30 centimetres across. To add insult to crapness, Dave's giant cup one was just one window to the left. Quite hilarious.

He called it 'Phase 5' while 'Phase 4' was next door

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten that. And people complimented him on it, while trying not to laugh. Hilarity all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

Also, someone HAS to make one out of those adorably tiny cups from the cafeteria... :cool:

yeah n then security stopped me on my way back to res with bout 50 cups in my arms with 4 packets of frosyies .... really quite funny

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Lilred wrote:
    ..anyone remember this?or am i really that old?think it mayv been 2000-2001?
    some :D of the guys in the res built a coke can pyramid on their windowsill for all to see-it was great! :D

Me and my roomies did in 2000, the cleaners took it away on us though. We had to build it from scratch again and on cleaning day we'd pack it away into our suitcases :p

Twas room 47 I think on the ground floor of the res...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

http://www.killercoke.org

i mean...yay pyramids!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Anyone remember the jam pyramid from '04? The look on the cleaners face when she saw it... :D

Advertisement