Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike mirrors

Options
  • 30-09-2005 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

i cycle a yamaha PAS
    i need a mirror but the angle of the handlebars make it awkward to find the right mirror. heres a pic of the bike I have:

pas_img.jpg

as you can see from the pic, i need one tat wood extend waya from the handlebars to get around me,if ya no wat i mean!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Ah, mirrors, what I always recommend (I have a mirror on both my mtn and road bikes).

The Zefal Cyclop might work for you. I bought one in CycleWays for e13 and put it on the end of the dropped handlebar on my road bike. Works well. It rotates in multiple directions. PM me for photos of it in compromising positions to demonstrate the flexibility.

On my bike the mirror shakes a lot because of vibrations. I put this down to rock hard tyres on a so-so road surface.
    I have the Zefal Dooback on my mountain bike, with it's bigger and softer tyres, and I don't have any vibration issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Suggestion, if you wear a cycling helmet, there are mirrors available to attach to it...not sure what brand ,or where to get them but some tourer cyclists use them.And vibration wouldnt be an issue because you absorb the shock before it reaches your head!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭synchro

wideangle wrote:
    Suggestion, if you wear a cycling helmet, there are mirrors available to attach to it...not sure what brand ,or where to get them but some tourer cyclists use them.And vibration wouldnt be an issue because you absorb the shock before it reaches your head!!!
    very good thanks for tat
    tats interesting about the vibration!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭SteM

daymobrew wrote:
    The Zefal Cyclop might work for you. I bought one in CycleWays for e13 and put it on the end of the dropped handlebar on my road bike. Works well. It rotates in multiple directions. PM me for photos of it in compromising positions to demonstrate the flexibility.

This is a great idea. Is the mirror easily removable so I could take it inside with me? I'd love to give one a try but if it's going to be nicked around the city I don't think I'd bother.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

SteM wrote:
    This is a great idea. Is the mirror easily removable so I could take it inside with me? I'd love to give one a try but if it's going to be nicked around the city I don't think I'd bother.....
    The mirror is not removable. It's screwed into the handlebar end (you have to remove the end cap first). When sufficuently tight it is not easy to remove without a Philips screwdriver.

Another option is the type that attaches to your helmet - looks like a small dentist mirror (circular or oval mirror at end of plastic pole).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭SteM

Thanks daymobrew. I may give the handlebar mirror a try, it's worth it for €13 I think.

Advertisement