Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The referencing of threads;

Options
  • 30-09-2005 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like a little feedback on this. Is it a good idea/bad idea. It's something i've been meaning to do for along time. And i think it will be of great use to people. However interest seems to have been very lack luster. I was kinda hoping that people would give me a hand doing this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

i saw it yesterday and thought it was a great idea, potentially very useful.

regarding help: I wouldnt have a clue how to do it :)

Maybe regular readers could be responsible for a "theme", e.g. "coming out" and when they see a thread they do the referencing bit ...would that share out the work involved a bit ?

Now please some one else quickly reply because when i see my name as the last post in so many threads I become aware of just how little work I've done

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

We could make a wiki article out of it maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Tried a couple of times. To much editing for moi. Maybe theres a handy dandy way of converting the tags. I don't know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think it's a good idea - you should put in a section on gay parents

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Kinda been making the sections as I've discovered the threads. I've lost the ability to edit posts, so things will be more difficult to edit from here on in.

Theres a htlm to wiki convertor here but it seems to be some kinda perl script and designed for linux. Stark you got any ideas on how to use it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

LiouVille wrote:

Theres a htlm to wiki convertor here but it seems to be some kinda perl script and designed for linux. Stark you got any ideas on how to use it?

That should work on any correctly configured perl installation with the required libraries. I emphasize should; some versions of perl common in the wild are extremely buggy. You can get perl for Windows at http://activestate.org/Products/ActivePerl/?mp=1

I haven't a clue how to use this. Never even looked at perl before.

Advertisement