Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class Reps

Options
  • 30-09-2005 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Anyone here running for class rep?

I am, my name is Ian O'Mara and if anyone is in 2nd Arts (in Archaeology, Politics or English), would you mind voting for me? I don't know who was our class rep last year and neither do most others in my class (Politics). What I do know is that there is meant to be a class party for our subjects and last year there wasn't one. If I get the job, I'll organise two, one for this semester, one for next and of course I'll be there to help you guys out and sort out any problems I can. Want anymore details, just PM me. Thanks for your time. :):):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When's the vote? I'm in 2nd year Politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭GusherING

Cool. Its on next next Weds evening and all day Thurs. It only takes five mins to vote and its on in the Arts block by the Blob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

voting will be in arts by the blob on both Wednesday and Thursday evening and in your own "college" or faculty as it used to be known all day Thursday e.g. voting for science will be on the ground floor in SECR - HUB (Science Lecture Building).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

What about BA Comp Sci. students???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Don't vote for him, he uses a computer and so doesn't have a life!
    He couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

• Advertisement

What about BA Comp Sci. students???

goes into regular arts the same as BSc Comp Sci goes into science

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I'm 2nd year politics too, a class party would be a cool idea, so if I vote for you I expect it to be followed through on! Or.... I dunno what I'd do but I wouldnt be impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

My name is Chris Bond im running in first Arts group D (Archaelogy, English and Politics), this is my second year out in UCD i was a class rep last year getting very active in the union, and on student issues, last year i organised a class party which raised over e1000 for the tsunami disaster fund. If elected i promise to give effect representation and to organise at least two class parties before Christmas. So next wednesday and Thursday please vote number 1 Chris Bond, or your highest possible preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I'm Kate O'Hanlon, running for class rep for 2nd Arts (Philosophy, Irish, Sociology...and Canadian Studies apparently(?)). If elected I plan to ensure that all my constituents are kept informed of the issues raised in council and consulted before I vote on anything...and parties too... obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Best of luck to everyone running for class rep next week and fair play..

If anyone has any questions about the process or whatever then please ask one of us down in the corridor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chambers.alison

Good luck to all you guys running for class rep.
    Iam running too, the name is Ali.So to all of you in 1st Arts(history etc) vote for me and we will have a ball foer the year. I will also let the council know of all your views and ideas. The best thing I can say to make you vote for me is this: I am with the media hence can't be involved in all the political ****e that goes on. I am simply there to make your views heard. Thanks you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

My name is Chris Bond im running in first Arts group D (Archaelogy, English and Politics), this is my second year out in UCD i was a class rep last year getting very active in the union, and on student issues, last year i organised a class party which raised over e1000 for the tsunami disaster fund. If elected i promise to give effect representation and to organise at least two class parties before Christmas. So next wednesday and Thursday please vote number 1 Chris Bond, or your highest possible preference.

LOL does everyone I know in UCD post here :)

Anyway if youre in that group, vote for Chris, good lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

last year i organised a class party which raised over e1000 for the tsunami disaster fund

And what a fine night it was in Redz. You have my vote, that is, if i have a vote. Another thing this year really should be more lecture addresses and an increased level of accessibility to the class reps. Just something like making up a email address for the specific purpose so that somebody could discuss or raise a topic with the class rep?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭GusherING

Sangre wrote:
    Don't vote for him, he uses a computer and so doesn't have a life!
    He couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Says the man with 3,600 odd posts!!! ;););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

hi, second archaeology + history here.

all i want is loads of class parties as there are some fine ass hotties in my classes/lectures. who will deliver on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It'd be a change to have a rep who I could name, never mind know to see for a change. In first year I know Kate merely because she came to introduce herself to me as I was the liaison rep person. Everyone seemed to think I was class reps.

Don't become a rep and then do nothing - we deserve to know who you are. I'd have done it myself this year if I wasn't kind of busy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Same here, i'm doing 2 society's websites, the secretary of another and also it's final year so class rep would be outta the question!

im annoyed the way the web site said all years in science said they had 4 seats and then became 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Hey if anyone there is in 2nd arts and can vote in group F (geography, maths physics studies, psychology, french and celtic civilization), please vote for Samantha Kennedy. She's someone who'll get fully involved and will more importantly stay involved throughout the year, and will keep you informed and raise the issues you want raised in the council. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

hi samantha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

This isn't samantha - i'm posting on her behalf. :)
    But she would make a great class rep if elected.

Advertisement