Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable DVD Players?

Options
  • 30-09-2005 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what is the best portable dvd going at the moment for around the €150-€200? Where is the best place to buy?

I will either be getting one in late October, or Xmas.

I prolly care more about the battery life than the screen length, as long as it's a decent size. What is the average of each at the moment?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I can't vouch for one brand over another but Argos have a few models within the €150 to €200 price range. Peats of Parnell St sell some models also, though I don't know what their prices are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I was wondering what is the best portable dvd going at the moment for around the €150-€200? Where is the best place to buy?

I will either be getting one in late October, or Xmas.

I prolly care more about the battery life than the screen length, as long as it's a decent size. What is the average of each at the moment?

Thanks in advance.

I recently purchased a Panasonic LS50 off ebay for around €230.. slightly over ur budget but this was a steal as Peats have them for €500+

Its a beauty of a machine with the 7" screen able to move in loads of positions!! You can buy an extra battery which gives you up to 10hours, a guy online claims to have watched 2 Lord of the Ring and the Punisher before the battery gave up!!

Review is here:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_DVD_LS50/4505-6498_7-30842762.html?tag=also

Apparently toshiba have a nice one out aswell the SDP-2000
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Toshiba_SD_P2000/4505-6498_7-8406341.html?tag=also

Not too sure on the price tho!!

Advertisement