Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD recorder and surround system

Options
  • 30-09-2005 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Need help, firstly can anyone recommend a home cinema system for 200-300 mark.
    Also, is this good LG recorder:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313163&cks=FRO
    Lastly, is there any good home cinema with recorders out there for good money?
    When u record a DVD from TV, can it be ripped onto a PC or does it use some other way?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cinemaworks

I think argos do some phillips home cinema packages which are great for the price. could be wrong about argos though...

if you can get a good look at some packages look for well built speakers that feel nice and not like your holding an empty cardboard box also look at the power rating on the amp the more power you have the more likely it will last you longer... pop into curry's or dixons if you have one available.. get them to turn some on for you have a listen.. if it sounds good to you then thats all thats important...

If you drive a fiesta around at 90mph all the time it will die alot sooner than if you have a BMW and drive that around at the same speed.. same thing applies to amplifiers..

The LG combo looks like good value but doesnt say if it has Digital out just says stereo.. which is a must if you want to use it with your home theatre package.

If you are burning tv progs onto dvd then you will have no problems transfering them to a PC.. you just need something to watch them with.. and all/most PC's have some sort of DVD player on them..

hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Don't know if it's good or bad but Im leaning towards getting one of these http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/111123/art/sony/ht-ddw870-home-cinema-sys.html

Care to comment Cinemaworks you seem to know your stuff!

Thank You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cinemaworks

its nice to see that the amp is not too slimline that means they have put a bit more into the amps. And that it has 6 speakers instead of 5 6.1 is so much better at creating a more realistic sound field

although i havent listened to this pack or had a feel i would say you cant go wrong with sony and would suggest The Driver has a look at this pack aswell..

i would be quiet confident in sony at that price...

Thank you very much! I have to get a Sony DVD player too, nothing fancy. I'll have a look on Pixmania later. I must double check the cables and stuff as well. Am I right in thinking its some sort of optical connection between the amp and the player? Will this be supplied? Also in your experience what lengths of speaker cable will be supplied? Sorry for the questions, I will look it up a little later when I have more time and try and figure thinks out for myself. Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement