Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Irish Car but Living in UK

Options
  • 30-09-2005 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

PLanning to move to Wales Next Year for College for two years and plan on bringing my car over, What is the Story with Insurance(Will my Irish Insurance cover me full time over there) Will i have to get Uk plates etc......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

I was able to insure an Irish registered car with a UK insurance company while living in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

sell you irish car, buy a uk reg'ed car when you get over and they you can re-register it here when you come back VRT free...help fund that college education!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah that sounds like a plan.....What would be the story with insurance?I will be 21 with 3 years ncb, if i got insured over there would my ncb be carried over etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

if i got insured over there would my ncb be carried over
    Yes.

Advertisement