Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6630 no signal

• 30-09-2005 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Yesterday i couldn't make calls or send sms's.I had coverage then but now i dont.Its like this all day and yesterday.Its like its barred but i bought it in vodafone a while ago and i still have the receipt.
    Would be better off bringing it to the shop or ringing vodafone or bringing it to club nokia?Could it be a software problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Have you tried...

1. Restarting the phone?
    2. Your SIM card in another phone or another SIM card in your phone?
    3. Setting the phone to GSM only?

If nothing seems to work, try calling Vodafone to check if there are any known issues with the phone or the 3G network in your area. A firmware/software update may fix the issue, you never know, but do call Vodafone first :)

- Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

rebooting it usually works for me !! it only seems to happen when you go out of 3g coverage. when you come back into a 3g area it won't pick up the signal again ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Waterford has a good 3g coverage i never went out of it at all.I have no coverage whats so ever.
    Im going to bring it to club nokia tommorow to see if they can fix it.I need a software update anyways.

Ill try restart the phone anyway,

if none of that works im thowing it into vodafone with the receipt and demand a new one. :rolleyes:

Cheers for the help lads.Got my normal coverage back and 3g but my web doesn't work :rolleyes: .Defintly need to get a software update as my video camera doesnt work either.

Edit: Does anyone know the latest 6630 firmware?I have v4.03.38

Hi,

Wolfman should be able to tell you what the latest firmware is for the Nokia 6630 but it looks like you have the latest, I'm still on v2 ;)

Your handset could just be faulty :confused:

- Neil

• Advertisement

No i think theres a later version.I want to get rid of all the vodafone crap and restrictions on it.

Hi,

Well hopefully we'll get a reply soon, I'd be interested to know if there's a newer version also.

In regards to the Vodafone restrictions, the only thing you can't do is assign an MP3 as a ringtone. But you can assign an AAC or OGG file (if you have the plugin installed) instead.

- Neik

Advertisement