Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft is there a UK equivelent

Options
  • 30-09-2005 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm researching a potential relocation for a colleague to the UK does anyone know if there is anything like daft covering the UK on the web?

Thanks

TP

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Try www.gumtree.com though it mostly deals with London. And www.findaproperty.com

Other than that google the websites of local estate agents. When looking at an apartment let through an agent ask if they charge either contract or inventory fee, which combined can cost between £150 & £250. These are new charges made by agents who often look for them off foreign renters. They are not standard so try not to be taken in by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Thomond Pk

Thanks Iguana,

I have a list drawn up and the prices are a lot more attractive than the Dublin rental market; we are spoiled with daft here it makes residential searches easy; dealing with commercial is no use on it some peoples idea of value can be :eek: .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

www.loot.co.uk is very good, all my friends have gotten their flats through it

Advertisement