Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bluetooth dongle for 6230

• 30-09-2005 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

do i need a particular 'dongle' for the pc to go with the 6230 or will any one do.the reason i ask .people seem to have trouble with certain ones.thanks

edit:wrong phone it's a 6230 im getting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I use the Belkin one thats in the Argos cat for 22.99€.I had trouble with it before because of Windows Sp2 but i was easily fixed(Thanks to the comp forum)

Its probaly the best dongle.I paid 45€ for it a year ago and now the 100m one is only 29.99!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

I use a Zoom one I got in PC world, 70 quid, but I got it for 30, the Belkin one I got was faulty so they compensated me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

ok so i doesn't matter what type then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

davelerave wrote:

problems may have arisen with an issue with the bluetooth stack.
    What OS are you using?
    If it's Windows XP SP2 - just check with nokia if there's any issue..
    but no; the actual dongle manufacturer doesn't make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

davelerave wrote:

well go for a decent brand like TDK / Ezurio or Belkin... as mentioned if you have XP SP2 then it has Bluetooth built-in (works with 'most' USB dongles), I still opt for the Widcomm Bluetooth software over the XP built-in solution though - either bluetooth solution will work with the Nokia PC Suite I just prefer some of the other functionality the Widcomm Bluetooth software offers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

thanks for the replies .i have windowssp2 and i'll get a decent brand then 10m range is ok

Advertisement