Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

But Why advertise on Bohemians FC site???????

Options
  • 01-10-2005 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

:eek: seriously I was sickened and saddend to see that fine phantom logo pinned on a website so unworthy of it its almost funny, as a proud Shamrock Rovers fan and a true phantom believer (since the days of 105ish FM) i was shocked, so i started this post to see if anyone else was ever let down or disapointed by something they loved, lol!

ps.i was only on the Bohe :mad: mian site out of a morbid curiousity, or self loathing who knows. masacistic anyway :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Why? Because the chap that manages the Bohs web site it is, like yourself, a listener to the station. He offered the free advertising space. Phantom FM is not a team sponsor. I am not a football fan but I can understand that individual team supporters can be passionate about their teams and opinions about rivals. I am sure their are plenty of Bohs supporters who would disagree with your view! I can't see why anybody would be let down etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

This post must be read to the music of "Im a Bohs Man" a la James Brown heehee. And definitely thanks to the Bohs web-guy for the ad, every bit helps!

Ah the old days at Milltown, the triple double, jumpers for goalposts and all that stuff. Ive just moved to a house up the road from Rovers much promised and half built stadium. Really will be great to hopefully see it open for next season.

Only on the site out of mobid curiousity eh blu_sonic? Or have you really been hanging around Dalymount too much recently? Ill stick to the Carlisle grounds for now. Might even bring Brian D along with me some day. Im sure he would love the shouting ;)

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Pete Reed wrote:
    Really will be great to hopefully see it open for next season.
    You won't be saying that when you see the crowd they attract :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭addicted

scarfacemj wrote:
    You won't be saying that when you see the crowd they attract :D

What utter rubbish.

I agree with the original post , advertising free or not on a Bohs website is a serious mistake. Its time to make amends.

Stadium should be up and running 2/3 of the way through next season..........

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

Serious mistake advertising on a club who have as big a chip on their shoulder as Northern unionists.

Hopefully sense will prevail and it will be removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

maybe you should be removed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

Go ahead and try it

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭m

Whoever made this decision showed poor judgement to say the very least.

With five Dublin Clubs who hate each other`s guts for various reasons to advertise free or not on only one club shows niaveity.

Phantom must reconsider or risk alienating a host of protential and current listners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

I don't think there's anything wrong with advertising on the Bohs website, it's just supporting the station. I'm a Bohs supporter and if I saw an advertisment for Phantom on the Shels or Rovers site I wouldnt make such a big fuss over it!

Sweetness! wrote:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with advertising on the Bohs website, it's just supporting the station. I'm a Bohs supporter and if I saw an advertisment for Phantom on the Shels or Rovers site I wouldnt make such a big fuss over it!

Sure. " as a bohs supporter".

Quite clearly you have a conflict of interests debating htis topic.
    The advert should be removed or should be placed on all other Dublin National League clubs websites. end of story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire_bear

Jesus chill out just cause it's on the Boh's site and not shamrock rovers. i support neither teams (shells are my irish team!) and i'm not whingin' saying 'ooooo it's not fair why don't you put it on shelbournes web sit" it's the boh's site i believe they are worthy!
    By the way blu-sonic you obviously aren't a proper rovers fan if you click on to bohs site. i support liverpool and i would eat poo before i clicked on to evertons site. ther's a word for that you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

head out of ass, anyone? free advertising is still advertising, there's no other way of looking at it- publicity is publicity, surely we've seen enough of pete doherty recently to know that this is the case. how's about those bemoaning this petition the other clubs they'd like to see phantom advertised with tellin them that bohs are offering it free and see will they do it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

football scares me.
    how about advertising on something nice, like a knitting website? or a boards dedicated to crumpets.
    I'm sorry but i fail to see the relevence of this *at all*.
    Really. It's like they were caught shaking hands with michael jackson. Phantom can advertise where they like, so long as its ok with the other party.
    Hell they can advertise on my forehead for say... 30 euro a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Smurfpiss wrote:
    football scares me.
    how about advertising on something nice, like a knitting website? or a boards dedicated to crumpets.
    I'm sorry but i fail to see the relevence of this *at all*.
    Really. It's like they were caught shaking hands with michael jackson. Phantom can advertise where they like, so long as its ok with the other party.
    Hell they can advertise on my forehead for say... 30 euro a day?

30 Euro a day? What a scam. 27 Euro is my best offer. And you provide your own batteries.

I love the logic of football debates though. If we take free advertising on one clubs website we risk alienating hordes of other listeners! Thats madness. As a Bray Wanderers fan, should I not shop in Woodies because they sponsor Shamrock Rovers? Madness indeed. And incidentally, I know a lot of Eircom League fans who don't "hate each others guts" on the grounds of the clubs they support. Jaysus, you really have to chill out on this one.

Incidentally, we will happily take free advertising on any of the other clubs websites if offered. We're good like that :)

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Not much of a shels fans if you call them shells or was that just a typo ?

Far from madness.To associate yourself with this particular club without doing any homework is at best ill conceived.

As for the music policy of clubs Bohs play 98fm hits while rovers were blasting Blue Monday on Friday night. That alone should be cause for a re think of Phantom policy !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OUTOFCONTROL

I REMEMBER BACK IN THE 80'S ROVERS WERE SPONSORED BY PREMIER DARIES AND OVER NIGHT GYPOS CANCELLED THERE MILK ORDERS,PREFERING TO GO TO QUINNSWORTH TO BUY AVONMORE BUT SOON THEY COULDNT EVEN GO THERE AS THEY THEN STARTED TO SPONSOR ROVERS,I LIKE MANY HOOPS WOULDNT SET FOOT IN D*S K***Y, I THINK OUR COUSINS IN SCOTLAND HAVE IT RIGHT WITH DUAL SPONSORSHIP OF RIVAL CLUBS. YES BLU SONIC I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ITS A SAD SAD DAY. AS FOR CLAIRE: "MY FAVOURITE IRISH TEAM ARE SHELLS", I THINK YOUR GETTING MIXED UP WITH THE WHOLE ROSSPORT 5 FIASCO BLESS YOUR COTTON SOCKS GO ON GO GRAB YOURSELF A PANINI !

[/IMG]http://www.loretofoxrock.ie/images/debate8_full.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

You're slagging her spelling, whilst misspelling panini (amongst others). I love it.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Actually, if it's in the singular, it's actually Panino. Panini is the plural

Sorry, if we're being pedantic, let's do it right!!

P. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OUTOFCONTROL

Same Difference !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's nice to see that so many of you have a firm grasp of the concept of marketing.

Pity you left that understanding at the door when you jumped into this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

In parts of Wexford it's panunu. Or so I'm told by someone from Wexford.
    Pronounced 'panunu'.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

great thread.

"its an utter disgrace"
    "let down by something you love"

etc
    etc

ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

this certaintly seems to have gotten out of hand, it really wasn't ment to be taken so serious. oh and Claire_bear do you get to anfield much? its a bit sad to see your 1st team aren't even of this fine country we have here "my irish team are shells" from bray or sandymount i like the shells in greystones myself, my inital post was pretty much disposable. I'm not saying it would send all Rovers/Shels/UCD/Vikings fans off at the deep end and force them to tune off but it could anny 1 or 2 of us, it just made me laugh. Y'all seemed to get too worked up about it, and a little bit personal in some parts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

You do know that Woodies advertise on the Television and on other radio stations, right?

And presumably you're aware that ebay sell official merchandise for other clubs too, right?

Has that turned off any of the supporters from using ebay, or shopping at Woodies? I seriously doubt it, because most people understand that a company will advertise where ever possible (within reason) in order to get exposure for their product and/or service.

The fact that the Bohs web dev. person is giving the space for free advertising means that Phantom FM can now spend the money they've saved from that on perhaps putting a larger ad somewhere that will get them even more exposure and thus more listeners.

Perhaps when you're finished your Junior Cert business studies course you'll understand, but 'til then stop being such a moron.

So many questions, so little interested. Stop taking yourself so seriously Amz, let someone else be right for a change ;)

she's got 5 stars man. you got 3. I do maths, i know what im talking about.

Pete Reed wrote:
    30 Euro a day? What a scam. 27 Euro is my best offer. And you provide your own batteries.

deal. seriously. having a foreheard in neon lights. that would be cool.

And presumably you know that celtic and Rangers had the very same sponserhip for years for one reason alone...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

seriously AMZ wheres the need for "Perhaps when you're finished your Junior Cert business studies course you'll understand, but 'til then stop being such a moron."?? its not that serious of a topic whats the point of getting so personal?? you'll find that the topic stated that by advertising on a football web-site you stand the chance of alienaiting certain groups of your listenership, hence as somebaody else already posted advertise on one site should advertise on all, interesting point, i wasn't asking for the Bohs ad to be removed i just thought some one who worked in the station must support them, i thought it would be funny to give em a ribbing about the gypos but too many took up the torch and this has spiraled into a farce. honestly i couldn't give a monkeys ithe advertise on a neo-nazi site i like the music phantom play, i don't tune in to share the dj's views or anything else just to hear some good tunes, so y'all want to chill out particulary AMZ!

• Advertisement

Smurfpiss wrote:
    she's got 5 stars man. you got 3. I do maths, i know what im talking about.
    :D
    I hope thats not Junior Cert Maths smurf :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement