Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design Central

• 01-10-2005 4:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

I'm sparking this topic so all you loafing designers have a place to loiter as opposed to the canteen/ libary/ studos/ smokers ally etc. seriously ya'll take over lol!! dont get annoyed i'm an ex student on a deferral year so i wll return to take my place as cheif loafer!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

Relax there lads, lets not all post at once...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Do the designers even know this forum exists?, can they use... computers?

surely they're more "pen/paper" kinda guys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

oh dear a little bit jealous that some other people use computers Laguna? or is it that generally designers have lives outside the LRC or away from the keyboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

hahaha
    god i wish i had a life away from the computer....... ( seriously im beginning to hate these things )

blu, who are you? 3rd/4th year designer? SHOW YOUR FACE

• Advertisement

lol i lived with 2 comp network students while i was in 2nd year, they were as cool as fcuk but they did love their computers, voip this tcp that blah blah lol they thought me how to set up networks, reinstall window etc. great chaps, they didn't like compsoc, they used to call it "Cumsock", still in touch with em, i'm on a gap year from carlow, i dropped out at the end of 3rd year i'll be repeating 3rd year, i used to have blue hair in 1st year ring any bells? ps mon nom est Darren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

You have really bright red hair at one point too? I think I remember seeing you around a few years ago. I just thought I'd add that from my experience with networking students they are complete twats, especially stevenk and s4dd.

blu_sonic wrote:
    oh dear a little bit jealous that some other people use computers Laguna? or is it that generally designers have lives outside the LRC or away from the keyboard?

You're the one who started this thread. Do you know me?, as you don't, can you really say what I do or don't do with my time?. Lives away from the LRC and the keyboard?, is that French for dossing around the college/Scraggs Alley when they should be in class?.

.... complete twats, especially stevenk and s4dd.

"hmm..."

i'll say no more.. for now

whats your problem laguna i was just taking wizz out of you chill out, you were the one who started the snide remarks towards designers, i persume it was ment in just as was mine but then again i guess you weren't just joking eh?

i_am_dogboy that wasn't me that was 1 of 2 people my mate from 1st year or some chap a year ahead of me he was a knob

ps laguna check the amount of posts i have and the time of posting i (as always before bed) am just checking my mails, and dropped into boards, its a subbed thread so i get to see when its being added to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Razgriz

stevenk isnt a twat....he's just misunderstood. and s4dd's just smarter then all of us, so we dont understand alot of what he says.

*blushes*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

no he is just so full of crap, he sometimes comes accross as smart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i dont mind being called a twat, but you cant call me and s4dd a twat at the same time! were not the same kind of twat, dont make that type of comparison!

blu, ignore laguna, he is an argumentative fúckhead.

by the way, im a computer networker, and im very very cool!!

TomTom wrote:
    no he is just so full of crap, he sometimes comes accross as smart

full of crap.. yeah.... full of crap like a FOX!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭CareBear

a fox is full of crap :S hmmm you strick me as more teddy bear kinda person than anything else
    Dunno where ye goin with your fox :p

stevenk wrote:
    blu, ignore laguna, he is an argumentative fúckhead.

Whatever. I take it you regard yourself as a well adjusted and centered being. Good luck with that. Just because someone doesn't agree with what you come out with doesn't mean they're argumentative.

Laguna wrote:
    Just because someone doesn't agree with what you come out with doesn't mean they're argumentative.

true and that is the nature of the democratic society which we live, but its not that you disagree, its how you disagree, the tone of your arguments that seem a little well confrontational

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

good to see the design thread is off to a cracking start!

I take it someone calling me a "****head" is democratic?, is the person who said it missing a chromosome or something?.

• Advertisement

bot at all just you freaked out to one of my posts too, my post being a blatent joke,stevenk got it. seeing that someone else complained about you i guessed you must just be like that all the time

You've formed an opinion of me on the basis of a person who has never met me?, that may well be the definition of logic. For the record, I don't hate designers, I have a good mate who's in the design course, I WAS JOKING.

Laguna wrote:
    Do the designers even know this forum exists?
    evedently its a resounding no!! apart from me i guess and seeing as im not in carlow this year i guess im exempt?

Just to let ye kon, if ye continuethe bickering then ye both get a week ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Ah so ye guys do issue warnings here, or is it just favouritism? Or is it simply because your a nice guy and the mod that banned me from the for sale site a complete tosspot???

Sorry for being off topic but at this stage it doesn't seem to matter... :) Oh and if i'm out of line just tell me and don't ban me. ;)

whos the warning for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I'm guessing it's for you and laguna... But i'm not tom tom so I don't know...

It's for bluesonic and laguna, the two of ye are bickering like children, and if i do end end up banning one of ye for starting again, any follow up pm's about 'he started it' or 'i'm just trying to get my point accross' will extend the ban by a week at a time. I like to think myself and ivan are fairly resonable as regards modding this board and let alot of things that are bannings on other boards away as we know most of ye personally and understand that alot of it is in good fun. But when threads get highjacked due to stupid bickering, that thats bannable in my opinion.

dont worry tom tom we kissed and made up the whole thing was a misunderstanding (he started honest lol) so its all good now, back to design is there any bleeding designers on boards infact anyone outside networking? come on anybody!!!

• Advertisement

only two networkers around atm...

..the trendy one, and stevenk

Advertisement