Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BUG] Unable to 'moderate' using moderator account

• 10-09-2001 2:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I've not been able to moderate the IrelandOffline forum with it's moderator account (MOD018) since the changeover to VBulletin.

I have the password correct, - it just seems that the MOD018 user doesn't have the correct priviledges.

I was trying to lock a thread... it wouldn't let me.

Thought Cloud had fixed this?... Help, guys!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

There are a few issues with the MODXXX accounts.

I have changed it to use the Bard account.

We will probably do away with the MODXXX accounts eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thanks John- it's probably better with it being the Bard account in the new system considering that it'll save me the time of logging out, zipping back a couple of pages to hit the link again and logging in under the other account to lock the thread, then logging back in as meself ... :)

Nice one.

now to try it out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ok- I was apparently able to close the thread in question, - but I was still then able to reply to it... what gives there? - is it just me as mod that's able to reply to a closed thread on the board I moderate, or is there another problem...?

(thread in question is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30731 )

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

seems admins and mods of that board can still post to closed threads. No great change since we could always re-open them, post and close them again. This way its just easier.

Issue resolved. Thread Closed.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement