Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA liberty city : multiplayer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

lol, yea was just about to post this thread:)
    big interview on ign too, i cant wait for this best gta yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

w00t! Great news, but I only know one or two PSP-ers aswell :(

Hey Placebo...asl? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Rumours flying around the net that GTA will come with firmware version 2.1.

Sony seem to be reacting quickly to the hackers. Here's hoping version changer can be updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

ah if it can be done it can be undone no panic lads...even still i'd upgrade for that cos i wouldn't play anything else for a month anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i can see very little being done in work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

even with v2.1 firmware, you can get the ISO's and run the game off the mem stick. it's not illegal... unless you share the iso's ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Oh project mayhem, you've read my 1.5 mind :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

1.51/1.52 were basically 1.50 with security updates, 2.1 will more than likely be just 2.0 with a security update to stop the downgrader. Games which require 2.0 ( winning eleven being the first) dont require any files that arent on 1.50 (well so far anyways) and so far work with the those homebrew loaders. So id say we'll more than likely be playing this game on 1.50 psps

ign preview

http://psp.ign.com/articles/654/654487p1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

sure you can get a loader to fool the game into thiking you already have 2.0 or whatever so it wont matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

That'll work until games actually need files from the newer firmware and i doubt sony can be that stupid to let ppl just use the version changer on their psp forever. I read somewhere last month that developers only have the 1.52 sdk to make games at that time so probably explains why 2.00 games are working so far. They probably could get all new games to check for/ require something in 2.x even if its of no use if they are clever at al - not that id ever want that ;) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Anything is possible on both sides..the way I see it is that nothing is 100% secure.If sony make the most secure firmware ever I would bet any money that it would be cracked just as quick as it was made.

Anyway, does anyone know where I could find some good guides on how to use the ISO tools, dump games to MSPD etc..
    Also how big would your typical game be for putting onto a Mem Stick...

Thanks,
    Hakko

EDIT: Oops! Sorry for hijacking the thread.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

afaik (i may be wrong) the games are about 800-900 mbs however the discs have a capacity of 1.8GBs apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Capacity is 1.8 gb (very well said :) ) but the games themselves take between 200 and about 700 mb in my expeirinece as ISOs.

I haven't seen ought bigger.

i cant wait for this game, multiplayer, 6 players, different types of multiplayer, sounds so much fun, they should try and put it online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is psp going to go online ? as in somethng like xlink kai? that would be good.
    They could easily get rid of the homebrew scene if they did that, requiring latest update to connect online

well some games are already online without the need of xlink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

which ones?

twisted metal and mlb

Advertisement