Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Speeds

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

quite simple really, UTV resells Eircom DSL - if there's a problem in Eircom, there's gonna be one in UTV too......( I know there are often issues with UTV too, but I have to say I don't play online games enough at the minute to worry about it....)

there's no point in moving to companies like Digiweb or Smart until they are well enough established and have a large enough user base, in other words until the contention is happening, this always happens anyway, look at all the complaints about IBB now - I remember when people were jumping to them because they were the next big thing......

if one of the other providers proves to give better service and actually provide the service they advertise, I'll then think of switching - until then I'll stay where I am, bad times and all........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I know what you're saying, but given that UTV has been terrible lately for even simple browsing - for which of course there has been no decent explanation - I don't think I could do any worse by moving (plus its cheaper and has only a 6 month contract too if it does turn out to be THAT bad).

Aside from that, UTV's other flaws: not passing savings onto customers without new 12 month contracts, no support to speak of save for one poor guy who tries his best in the newsgroup, making changes without notifying customers (eg: the recent "privacy" option that appeared on the online statements), not keeping pace with current offers from competitors etc means I've had more than enough from them personally.

My 12 months was up a while back, but I stayed on seeing if they'd sort it out.. they haven't - if anything it seems to be getting worse - and so I'm taking my money elsewhere.

I've been following the Metro feedback thread and so far people there seem happy. There'll always be a "next big thing". If you hang on waiting for it, you'll never move anywhere. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    I've been following the Metro feedback thread and so far people there seem happy. There'll always be a "next big thing". If you hang on waiting for it, you'll never move anywhere. :)

I've been trying to switch to Digiweb for the last week (not metro, as it is sadly unavailable in kilkenny) but they seem to have never heard of bitstream port transfers :rolleyes:

Advertisement