Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emperor reformed?

Options
  • 01-10-2005 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

Just spotted this on BW:

"Reformed EMPEROR Confirmed For Inferno 2006!
    2005-09-30 17:09:39

It was confirmed tonight at Scream Magazine's 15 year anniversary at the Rockefeller in Oslo, Norway that EMPEROR will reform for the 2006 edition of the Inferno Festival that will be held in late March at the Rockefeller in Oslo, Norway. Emperor's final studio record, Prometheus: The Discipline Of Fire ..., was issued by Candlelight and featured Ihsahn (Vegard Tveitan) on vocals/bass, Samoth (Tomas Haugen) on guitars and Trym Torson on drums

Tickets will be available from October 1st at Billettservice, post offices in Norway and the festival website (for foreigners only) at www.infernofestival.net.

More news as it develops."

I think that this is just a one-off, i can't imagine Ihsahn reforming Emperor for good.
    KH, fancy a trip to Oslo? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

"Reformed Norwegian black metallers EMPEROR will performing only two shows in 2006; the previously reported Inferno Festival at the Rockefeller in Oslo, Norway (March

25th/26th) and the Wacken Open Air in Wacken, Germany (August 3rd-5th). Last night the band (a five-piece which included including Ihsahn on vocals/bass, Samoth on guitars and Trym Torson on drums) performed a surprise, three-song set (as special, unannounced guests) at the first night of the Scream Magazine's 15th anniversary party at the Rockefeller in Oslo, Norway."

If Atheist are together and playing Wacken next year I might see you there, man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

:eek:
    Ancient1 wrote:
    I think that this is just a one-off, i can't imagine Ihsahn reforming Emperor for good.
    KH, fancy a trip to Oslo? :D

Yes, yes I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

If Atheist are..........playing Wacken

That would be surreal!

I can't wait to see an official statement from Emperor - Prometheus was one of the best swansongs ever. Even though i "miss" them, i think Ihsahn did the right thing by disbanding them while they were at their very peak. That way he ensured a strong legacy for them - i don't know what would happen if they did reform properly.... But then again, their musicianship and Ihsahn's creativity was never in question so no need to worry. :p

I think that would be debatable, I know a lot of people who absolutely hated Prometheus, but baulderdash to them! What do they know? ****ing masterpeice it was!

Prometheus was a bit different, no doubt about that, much more daring if you like - but goddamit, what a statement that was! It was definitely a fitting epitaph for everything that they stood for. If anyone was ever "elite" (a loaded term, but for want of a better word...), it was them. They danced circles around everyone else and no one ever came close.

• Advertisement

No arguement here, Prometheus remains probably my favourite Emperor album. It's utterly phenominal stuff altogether. ;)

There are some brand new pics up on emperorhorde

EmperorSurprise2.jpg

A genius without equal! :)

Seeing them at Wacken would be unreal, I'll actually have to try and get over there for that. And Atheist? Dear god that would be bliss! :eek:

Well, if we remain GAS-free until then it's actually doable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I just splooged in my pants when I read the title...
    But good news anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

i think another trip to Oslo is in order in April.

happy days.
    or grim, whatever way you want to look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ancient1 wrote:
    Well, if we remain GAS-free until then it's actually doable!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha funny guy :p

And queue DoctorJ PM'ing Ancient1 with links to very desirable guitar on Ebay. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

This is good news, I used to really love that band.

And I've just spotted that Samoth's name is an anagram of his first name and the first initial of his surname : Samoth = Tomas H.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Might see some of you there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i wanna go! i wanna go!

Advertisement