Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound problems :(

Options
  • 01-10-2005 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Been having them in a few games recently, makes them fairly unplayable. Its been specially bad in Dawn of war. Sound is crackly and repeats on itself...if that makes sense ? All spoken dialoug is jumpy, crackly and cant be made out. I have an onboard soundcard hooked up creative inspire 5.1 speakers. Ive never had these problems before. Im running xp. Any ideas?

oh...and it doesnt happen with music or any other sounds, just games.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Might be better off in the computers forum, but here some really simple things to try out first.

go to start=>Run and type "dxdiag" and press Run.

The directx panel should open, when its finished its thing, click sound and click test. You can also test the music on the music section.

Drop the hardware acceleration and test/run a game thats affected

Hmmmm......I've completely forgotten what else to do. Anyway, look up the maker of the board and update the sound card drivers.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yeah tried all that, nothing. I should really hook up some other speakers to it and see if its a hardware or software problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

got it fixed.

Advertisement