Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery [6630] charging incredibly slowly

• 01-10-2005 3:50pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I set my 6630 to recharge last night (bought in June) and, in the morning, I found it still only had 1 bar of power. I assumed the recharger wasn't plugged in correctly, or somesuch, so I plugged it out and plugged it back in again. After more hours, it was then only at 2 power bars.

Odd.

So I thought it might be a charger problem and tried another Nokia charger. Still no change from 2 bars...

Now it could be a battery life indicator problem or, more worryingly, a battery problem. Any had any similiar experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It could be a loose connection in the phone. It happens as you might imagine particularly in older phones, and it means that sometimes you have to move the charger around in a certain way to get it to charge. This might be what is happening with your phone, i.e, its at two bars because it doesn't charge at all.

Although, if it's charging in front of you visibly, and moving the charger around doesn't interrupt the process, then the battery is obviously knackered

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ho hum. I took it off and, after a few minutes, the battery indicator moves to full... We'll see if it's actually full soon enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

The battery is amazing on those phones. Mine used to last a good few days before needing a charge. Has the most realistic battery indicator too. I found mine always charged serious fast and lasted ages too. You can get a new one from 'The great mobile accessory shop' on Talbot street. They're 20 euro, but offer him a tenner and you'll prolly get it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have a 6630 too and the charging can be strange too,
    seems to be charging for ages sometimes - sometimes it flies.

A good remedy i found was to just restart the fone - always sorted the problem

Mik

Advertisement