Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham - Man Utd (scores)

• 01-10-2005 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭

What a match, half time and its 3-2 to united, rubbish defending makes a great game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He he!:D

This is a cracking game, 5 goals scored so far and another example of the dubious off-side rule which meant RVN had a tap in.

Ferdinand should be embarrased for Fulhams second.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Park has been excellent, involved in all the goals for United. The less said about Ferdinand the better. More goals to come I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

mike65 wrote:
    He he!:D

This is a cracking game, 5 goals scored so far and another example of the dubious off-side rule which meant RVN had a tap in.

Ferdinand should be embarrased for Fulhams second.

Mike.

I had to turn off the commentary after the first goal. They said the same thing 5,000 different ways, that ferdinand made a mistake - muppets!

Rooney is the difference again IMO. Park having a good game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have Rio in my defence and Van Der Saar in goals in the Fantasy football :(

Ah well, here's hoping Rio can score...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

how are you guys watching the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Streaming it or watching it on setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

hohoho, well deserved win for the attacking play.
    Giggs near goal was absolutely unreal, Giggs like if you will :)
    Park was absolutely fantastic with his final ball, three fantastic touches

Quite chuffed with that win, United playing a definate 4-4-2 for a large proportion of that game.
    Fletcher played quite well too imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Most entertaining united game for a good while.

Park and giggs were decent.

I've a warm happy feeling in my stomach now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I was confident throughout that game that manu would win which is a rare feeling for me. Tho they looked sloppy in def at time, going forward looked sharper than they been ina long time. A more static formation did seem to help the fluidity. Just get good ole heinze and neville back nd rio to get over this "blip" and thinks may look up. Thing is he'll prob go back to 4-5-1 next game and we back to square one.

Park looked much better on the right than on the left and i was delighted that he played well! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They were a disgrace at the back. Ferdinand was a joke and not something that made me laugh. Can he make a decision???? Fletcher is just not good enough in my eyes. O'Shea not comfortable when i see him on the pitch. Richardson had a few close scares too but having said that, i like him as a left back. He has the quality to succeed. Beardley looks a good player. Park was class like he was against Milan last season for PSV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The fact that Giggs and Park stood out today is representative of the fact that 4-4-2 is what we do best. All we need to do now is repair the damage that Neville/Heinze's injuries have caused to the defense.

Ferdinand needs to get this notion out of his head that he's a superstar and start searching for the form that made him one of England's most promising defenders. He needs to regain some confidence but I also think he's a player that needs to be flanked by strong presence players such as Heinze and Neville rather than relatively inexperienced players like O Shea, Bardsley and Richardson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Ferdinand annoys me. He doesn't ever just do the simple things, always looking to do something special, which isn't always the best asset in a central defender. I didn't get to see the match today but last week he was oh so close to getting caught out in possession. Luckily he made a clumsy enough slide tackle and just about recovered the ball.

He tries to push himself forward too much yet hes never close to scoring. Anybody notice this?

Hes another over-rated British player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Hes another over-rated British player.

Over-rated AND Over-paid!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Some will point to a couple of decisions made, but United needed a rub of the green, been short on luck lately. Park seemed to have an excellent game, good to see. I really want to see him score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I though Rooney had an excellent game playing in his preferred position and Giigsy decided to perform as well. Unitd played some good attacking football and as has already been said made the most of some border line decisions from the officials. About time some decisions went our way , that's Uniteds first penno for quite a while,

We were very poor in defence though ,Rio had on of his forgetfull spells, forgetting to concentrate on the game which cost us 2 goals.

Interesting that Querios gave the post match interview to MOTD after the game, He did the same last game. Surely the manager should be doing that, Querios giving it just adds substance to the theory that he is virtuallly the manager now. Mabye Fergie is on another of his infamous media ignoring campaigns but I do think the manager should give the post match interview if there is to be one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Rooney's pass from deep to put Park through to square it for Van Nistelrooy into the open net..........:drool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

This is a formation that I have wanted to see for a while. Ronoey was effectively replacing Scholes btu playing a bit further forward - he did get back though and he has the legs to do so(He chased back and won a tackle at the corner flag). It relys on the 2 central midfielders to be very disciplined. Not sure Smaith is a long term solution but there is no doubt he is getting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Funny how things change. Last year United fans were heralding the return of Ferdinand from his ban.

ziggy67 wrote:
    Only seen the highlights on MOTD but from what i seen:

1. Rooney looked fantastic, he could go on to be one of the greats if the English media don't ruin him.

2. That was never a penalty. Shoulder tackle, hard but fair.

3. The offside rule is a joke! Ruud is excellent at expoiting the rule but how could he possibly not be gaining an advantage?

Shoulder tackle but in the back. Anyway could easily have been for the earlier tacklet also.

On the offside rule but Ruud uses it to his advantage. Apparently once Park receives the ball Ruud is deemed to be onside. Yesterday was an example of why it was changed - it stops teams running out en masse. A few years ago Ruud coming back would have been given offside when coming back even though the pass wasn't for him.

But if they weren't running out the play him offside they would have been closer. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, I don't know why teams still do it.
    This rule is to punish teams who play the offside trap, because if they miss one person, they are totally and utterly ****ed.
    Yet teams still seem to play it all the time, badly :)

---

Van Nist is staying at United untill 2008 and then going to PSV.
    His agent is a **** who has no real power over van Nist, he just wants to try set up a big money move which I doubt will happen.
    That said, if real were still willing to offer 30 million pounds for him I'd take it as he is this old now, but i doubt we'd get enough to justify him not being in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

I love this quote from that piece.....
    Linse is quoted in the Mail on Sunday as saying: "It's possible that things are going to happen next summer but that's all I will say for the moment.

"If I say more, I will not be able to keep the English and Spanish press off my back. But at this stage I don't want to lie about it either.

If he doesn't want the English and Spanish press on his back then why did he bring the subject up in the first place? Sounds like he's trying to engineer a move to Spain to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

The Muppet wrote:
    Interesting that Querios gave the post match interview to MOTD after the game, He did the same last game. Surely the manager should be doing that, Querios giving it just adds substance to the theory that he is virtuallly the manager now. Mabye Fergie is on another of his infamous media ignoring campaigns but I do think the manager should give the post match interview if there is to be one.
    I thought I read ages ago that AF doesn't give post-match interviews for Premiership games, he refuses to because he is sick of the media. He is however contractually obliged to give interview for CL games though or something like that. May be wrong though!

I also thought they changed that offside rule back to the original rule in the Summer to stop things like that happening, again could be wrong though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Yawn

Agent denies Van Nistelrooy claim

Fulham 2-3 Man Utd
    Keane prepares for Man Utd exit
    Ruud van Nistelrooy's agent says the Dutch international is staying at Manchester United - 24 hours after hinting the striker was leaving.
    Rodget Linse was quoted in the Mail on Sunday as saying the 29-year-old Van Nistelrooy was "possibly" switching to Spain at the end of the season.

But on Monday he told the Manchester Evening News: "Ruud is happy at Manchester United.

"He's in the process of buying a house in Manchester."

Linse added: "Previously he had rented but now he's buying. Why would he buy a house if he wants to leave the club?"

However, Linse was quoted in the Mail on Sunday as saying: "It is possible that things are going to happen next summer but that is all I will say for the moment.

Rio and Van Nistelrooy in bust-up

"If I say more, I will not be able to keep the English and Spanish press off my back but, at this stage, I do not want to lie about it either.

"Ruud does wish to play in Spain. It is not a case of 'must', more an urge."

The Dutch forward has been repeatedly linked with Real Madrid over recent seasons and Linse has said there had been genuine interest.

"We have had enough talks," Linse added - when asked how often Madrid had expressed an interest.

"At some stage over the last two seasons Real were very firm about a transfer.

"They have even put an offer on the table at United."

Van Nistelrooy, whose United contract is due to end in June 2008, moved to United from PSV Eindhoven for £19m in July 2001 and turns 30 next July.

He has a prolific goalscoring record at United but scored only six Premiership goals last season after missing three months with an Achilles tendon injury.

Van Nistelrooy cut a frustrated figure on United's pre-season tour of the Far East and was involved in a bust-up with Rio Ferdinand during their game against Kashima Antlers.

But the Dutch forward has found his best form again this season, scoring seven goals in seven Premiership appearances so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

The Muppet wrote:

Dont know about other United fans on the forum but i wouldnt have any great fate in Queiros. He has proved nothing as a coach and i dont think he will cut it as a manager especially in the EPL. Granted United are not the team they used to be but i thought McClaren before he moved on done a much better job at coaching the team. it looks as if Queiros will inherit fergusons job when he eventually retires, As a united fan the prospect of this worries me.What are you're opinons on this situation?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hard to know really, he was not great with Real but was that not his first managers job? Bit of a posion chalice!

Park was excellent on Saturday, offside rule is a bit of a farce really, Ruud was a mile off in the "1st phase" but then scores, better off the old way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

yeah Park was savage, looked dangerous everytime they got it out wide to him. Rooney was very good again. Looks to be getting better every game, i hope his form continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Dont know about other United fans on the forum but i wouldnt have any great fate in Queiros.

Yer i dont rate Mr. Queiros too highly. That said i'll give him a chance if/when he takes the reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I think he has already taken on a lot of the running of the team by the look of it.
    Ferguson really rates his opinion, so maybe he even gets some say in the team that is picked.

Only time will tell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement