Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Offline in the Irish Times again

Options
  • 10-09-2001 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

Did anybody else post this already? Ireland Offline are in today's Irish Times:

Ireland offline and browned off

-Son of Blam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

as the article quotes.......

As one forum contributor observed: "You guys are the only hope we have".

that is the truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hmmm .. noticed that Eircom's name is continually highlighted in red throughout that article. How odd.

Good to see IOFFL getting some recognition from the press. Things are starting to heat up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

Originally posted by Lemming
    Hmmm .. noticed that Eircom's name is continually highlighted in red throughout that article. How odd.

Try this link instead

And IrelandOffline will be highlighted!

He was using the search function on ireland.com search archive for 'eircom'. I guess!

And click here for all mentions of 'IrelandOffline' on the I.Times

>
    >
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

And click here for all mentions of 'IrelandOffline' on the I.Times

So the Irish Times has written about IOFFL at least 7 times in 3 months......

Maybe it's time to move the issue from the technology and finance pages to the Opinion pages?

An editorial/leader from the Times itself would be great (so long as they support our side).

Does anyone know anyone on the editorial board of the IT?

(or someone who does....)

John

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well, it seems it was in CompuTimes, so I presume it was in a supplement? It's also a very big step up for IrelandOffline, in that it was written with the organisation as the primary topic, as against previous pieces which have really only mentioned IrelandOffline as an aside. Well done IrelandOffline, well done IT and the author.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Alternatively:... http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/computimes/2001/0910/comp2.htm

Nice article... well written.

Have a re-read of the last paragraph, especially the "since the seminar" bit...

Let's not let things stagnate folks... we've come of age, but let's stay active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

well i see the net day of action as the next big thing for ioffl, let show eircon/esat were not waiting on them to make our next move. weather are not it happens i think it might be an idea to put to the commitee.

i know bard will back it, even if its just so he doesnt have to listen to me for one day :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Well, it seems it was in CompuTimes, so I presume it was in a supplement?

No its on about page 7 or 8 of the main paper on the left side @ the bottom.

Originally posted by dahamsta
    It's also a very big step up for IrelandOffline, in that it was written with the organisation as the primary topic, as against previous pieces which have really only mentioned IrelandOffline as an aside. Well done IrelandOffline, well done IT and the author.

IMO This is by far the best bit of publicity in the national print media yet. Its in the Monday paper (high circulation for the sports supplement) and is very well positioned & marked "Ireland Offine", not to mention the content itself.

I had 3 separate ppl(not ordinarily tech or internet enthusies) ring me to ask had I seen the article, so that indicates the general level of audience it reached.

BTW I photocopied it and put it on everyones (about 15 ppl) desk in work so it did the rounds.

Overall it was a very good article and an improvemnet on some of the drivel that is normally in the computimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Wonderful article - great publicity!

I was beging to get a bit worried as I started to read the last paragraph, but I needn't have. I think the last paragraph is probably one of the best paragraphs - it typifies our frustration!

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Have to agree a great article! Ok so what's next? As Bard says we cannot let ourselves stagnate. Now is the time to show the Telcos and everyone else that we are united and steadfast in our resolve.

Mick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement