Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another PSP epic

• 01-10-2005 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Ok, Iknow thesethingshavebeen discussed a lot on these forums,but I just thought I´d tell you all acautionary tale.
    I went to buy a PSP one day, and having played games most of mylife on consoles and PCs andhaving a pretty good general knowledge of Hardware,I went to buy it armed with all the pros and cons of the machine.
    For instance, I bought it fully aware of the fact that it might have a few dodgy pixels,and, provided it wasn't too bad, was prepared to accept this.

So I bought it.

It had dodgy pixels....lots.
    So I brought it back next day. Guys in the store looked at it and then went and got a new one from another box and replaced only the console( fair enough I thought, I get to keep my game saves on the existing card, and, after all, it is only the screen thats dodgy), so I brought it home powered it up for a proper look...no dead or lit pixels. Great! I thought...til I noticed the dust that wouldn't come off, the dust, that on closer inspection turned out to be bubbles or flaws in the screen casing. Dammit! I thought and brought it back for a third.
    After much inspecting of the newest incarnation of my PSP in store, I again returned home, this time praying, but, alas under the brighter lights at home more flaws and about 5 scratches on the screen surface came to light.
    Anyways to cut an already too long post short, I brought it back to a different branch today ( the other was closed) and was told that although this chain had a countrywide returns policy they wouldn't take it back because ' it's only a couple of miniscule scratches' and the goods battery, memory card etc had been used.
    When I explained I had to use them to look at the machine, I was met with shrugs of shoulders and smirks and was told to go back to the other store.
    What's to stop the manager of THAT store saying the same to me, I asked....more shrugs
    whole thing has kinda pissed me off so I was wondering had anybody gone the route of shipping it back to sony and, if so, what happened??

caveat emptor are the watchwords with PSP it seems

Advertisement