Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where can i find/fix this?

Options
  • 01-10-2005 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

i drive a 1991 Peugeot 205xe in my fields, after a number of crashes i have made a hole in the radiator pipe. it now leaks water. i have tried to fix it by melting rubber into the hole and letting it set but that didn't work. i wrapped it with gaffer tape but that didn't work. any suggestions where i can get a replacement pipe or how can i fix the one i have.[it's the ppe that goes from the main part of the engine back into the radiatior]-the hole was created when i crashed the car and the bumper was pushed back which made the pipe move back and it came into contact with the fanbelt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

Have a radiator hose for a 205 diesel for UK £8.50 - it's probably the same. Part number T17910, you can get it mail order (they are in dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Depends on how big the hole is I suppose. You could put some sealant around the hole, cover it with a rubber or plastic patch (you can make a small rubber patch by cutting up some old hosepipe) and then secure it on both sides with jubilee clips. I saw this done once and it worked well however the difference was it was a metal coolant pipe that had the hole. It will probably be harder to get a seal with patch on a rubber hose as the hose will deform as you tighten the jubilee clips. Still it might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You could also try a scrap yard, bound to be plenty of 205s there as they are very popular here.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

if it's a small hole"self amalgamating" tape as used by satelite installerswill do temp job.
    another way was the belt of those cheap,fold up ,squeese into nothing plastic macs(almost see-thru). Lay belt along tear and bind with insulating tape.
    Best of all is to cut thru hose and re-join with pipe insert and jubilee clips
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

Wonder would that rad seal stuff they sell down in Halfords do the job?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johnniekewl

Description - "RAD HOSE TOP"
    Part Number - "T17910"
    Fitment - "205D"
    TOTAL(exc. Export Delivery*) = £ 9.99
    this product should fit my peugeot????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johnniekewl

https://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/checkout.asp

this is the link i am thinking about getting the part off.

Advertisement