Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media in the middle east (was death to Pagans)

• 28-09-2005 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

rcunning03 wrote:
    There are a few nutters but that's like saying the Christian right in america is representative of all christians.
    There are nutters everywhere but in the Islamic world there seems to be alot more than anywhere else.
    rcunning03 wrote:
    Also you should look into who actually controls the media and what their agenda is.
    Yes I agree that the media has an agenda but their agenda is pro multiculturism because that means more money. Why would the media be against Islam? They just report on whats happening in the Islamic world. The media may have an agenda against Islam but I can't think of any reason.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

KnowItAll wrote:
    Yes I agree that the media has an agenda but their agenda is pro multiculturism because that means more money.

Which media is that then?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hobbes wrote:
    Which media is that then?
    Interesting how both Knowitall and rcunning03 think that forces controlling the "media" are shaping our opinions, when both of them have opposing views on the subject. Must be those pesky lizard people and their agendas again. You see what you want to see, I suppose. Wonder if that works elsewhere. I see.... I see, winning lotto ticket. hmmmmmm. Drat!* :mad: nope didn't work. Ah well worth a try.

*Drat is a great oul' word. Underused I feel.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

KnowItAll wrote:
    Yes I agree that the media has an agenda but their agenda is pro multiculturism because that means more money. Why would the media be against Islam? They just report on whats happening in the Islamic world. The media may have an agenda against Islam but I can't think of any reason.

I've been to Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and I lived in Kuwait. The Middle East is not like it's potrayed in the media, parts of it are completely mad, but it's the equivalent of constantly reporting about burned out cars and riots in a certain area of Dublin and giving the impression that all of Dublin is like that and just igonoring the likes of Dalkey, Howth etc.

Wibbs is correct, the truth is what you believe it to be and because I don't want to be labelled a nazi, I can't say who I believe controls the media and our banking system where our governments use a significant porportion of our money just to pay back the interest on our national debt without reducing the principal sum borrowed. Interest is not allowed under islamic law.

The private individuals who loan money to countries and control media empires are the people with the real power in the world. Truly they are God's chosen people above all else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭KnowItAll

rcunning03 wrote:
    Wibbs is correct, the truth is what you believe it to be and because I don't want to be labelled a nazi, I can't say who I believe controls the media
    Interesting you should say that. I think I know who your talking about. For years people have been saying that the Jews control the media. I used to think it was lunatics who were saying it so I done some research and although not fully convinced there is alot of strange coincendences there like the number of jews in top jobs.

I got this from overthrow.com
    http://www.overthrow.com/lsn/news.asp?articleID=7358
    Jewish Media Barons is typical. It happens because they have the power over our press.

Look at the heads of almost all the major news sources: Gerald Levin is the CEO of CNN, AOL, and Time Warner. Peter Chernin is president and CEO of the FOX Group. Sumner Redstone, also known as Murray Rothstein, recently acquired CBS and controls the book publishing companies Simon & Schuster, Scribner, The Free Press, and Pocket Books. Redstone’s Viacom also controls Showtime, MTV, and Nickolodeon, among other TV networks. Steven Borenstein is CEO of ESPN. Michael Eisner controls Walt Disney, Touchstone Television, Buena Vista Television, and ABC, not to mention dozens of radio stations. Ronald Perleman owns New World Entertainment. Jeffrey Katzenberg, Steven Spielberg, and David Geffen own DreamWorks. The brothers Samuel and David Newhouse, the children of media baron Samuel Newhouse, control 26 newspapers, 12 television stations, 87 cable TV systems, and about two-dozen popular magazines. Edgar Bronfman Jr., President and CEO of Seagrams, controls MCA and Universal Pictures which recently merged under the name of Universal Studios and controls Interscope Records and PolyGram as well. Mortimer Zuckerman controls U.S. News & World Report. Arthur Sulzberger Jr. controls The New York Times, 33 other newspapers, and about a dozen magazines. Until her recent death, Katherine Meyer Graham controlled Newsweek and the Washington Post. The same can be said of Canada where Israel Asper controls numerous newspapers and has reportedly fired employees for being critical of Israel. Names may change, but the Jewish Media Barons’ practices and monopoly continues.
    Coincedence or not?

Here is what former President Richard Nixon said:
    even former President Nixon acknowledged the Jewish Media Barons’ influence in America. This is why Jews tend to hate him and say that he was an anti- Semite. In reality, anyone who dares to speak the truth about Jews is an anti- Semite. President Nixon said: “[People] have to realize that the Jews in the U.S. control the entire information and propaganda machine, the large newspapers, the motion pictures, radio and television, and the big companies. And there is a force that we have to take into consideration.”

Here is an interesting quote from the Jewish holy book.
    "To communicate to a goy (non-jew) about our religious relations, would be equl to the killing of all the Jews, for if the goys knew what we teach about them, they would kill us openly." (Book of Libre David, 37.)
    It makes you wonder....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

There's a difference between "lots of Jews are in positions of power over the media" and "the Jews are control the media".

They control the bagels too you know :eek:

• Advertisement

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion1.htm

Even if the protocols of zion are fake they were written a long time ago and there are a lot of coincidences with modern society.

Talliesin wrote:
    There's a difference between "lots of Jews are in positions of power over the media" and "the Jews are control the media".

They control the bagels too you know :eek:

Maybe, but there also alot of jews in positions of power in banking. Most jews are cool, Tel Aviv is meant to be like Ibizia, but it is the only country in the Middle East allowed to have nucelar weapons. Why do we bend over backwards for Israel when the Arabs have the oil ?

Moved this portion of the thread out of Islam forum as it has absolutly nothing to do with the subject in question.

Talliesin wrote:
    There is little different between the statements actually :)

People who are in power usually control things.

It's also worth pointing out that all the revisionist sites on the net must be on to something. Why are there so many?

It's also worth pointing out that all the alien abduction sites on the net must be on to something. Why are there so many?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Plenty of anti-semetic/nazi/white supremisist sites as well..... :rolleyes:

A little history saves a lot of ignorance.

The reason Jews have many top positions in the modern media relative to thier numbers has something to do with the fact the in the late 19th and early 20th centuries then again when the Nazis took power, Jews fled west to the United States where many found the new medias of movies and popular music plus theatre in New York gave them a chance to make a living (from Irving Thalberg and Louis B. Mayer to Irving Berlin, Ira Gershwin, Oscar Hammerstein and beyond) this in turn encouraged other Jews to seek work in these industies, which then spawned TV/advertising agencies and so on through to the multi-media corporations we now all know. Its proberly not a suprise there are Jews in top positions in these companies. There are many gentiles too I suspect!

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

rcunning03 wrote:
    http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/przion1.htm

Even if the protocols of zion are fake they were written a long time ago and there are a lot of coincidences with modern society.
    Oh Oh, we sail on dubious waters here methinks. So they were written a long time ago. So what? They're still fake.

Comments along these lines in the Islam forum of all places don't help the situation. Now you will have noted from my posts in there that I have serious doubts about Islam as a faith, but this really doesn't help the image at all. We can agree to disagree and rcunning has made good points in other threads on Islam, but it would be a shame to go down this route. I really thought suspicion of and conspiracies about the Jews as a people went out of favour a long time ago. Sadly not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

mike65 wrote:
    Plenty of anti-semetic/nazi/white supremisist sites as well..... :rolleyes:

A little history saves a lot of ignorance.

The reason Jews have many top positions in the modern media relative to thier numbers has something to do with the fact the in the late 19th and early 20th centuries then again when the Nazis took power, Jews fled west to the United States where many found the new medias of movies and popular music plus theatre in New York gave them a chance to make a living (from Irving Thalberg and Louis B. Mayer to Irving Berlin, Ira Gershwin, Oscar Hammerstein and beyond) this in turn encouraged other Jews
    It's amazing how they seem the target the media/propaganda jobs. It's bordering on obsession I think.

As President Nixon said: “[People] have to realize that the Jews in the U.S. control the entire information and propaganda machine, the large newspapers, the motion pictures, radio and television, and the big companies. And there is a force that we have to take into consideration.”

Why would the president of the USA say that. The US president has access to information normal people don't, therefore he must have known something.

KnowItAll wrote:
    It's amazing how they seem the target the media/propaganda jobs. It's bordering on obsession I think.
    Yea and the Irish in America traditionally targeted the building industry jobs. We must control the buildings then. :rolleyes:

Wibbs wrote:
    Yea and the Irish in America traditionally targeted the building industry jobs. We must control the buildings then. :rolleyes:

Dang! You beat me too it. Irish=Construction, the Paddies in Britian run countless building companies including a few biggies like Murphys and SISK UK

Mike.

KnowItAll wrote:
    Why would the president of the USA say that. The US president has access to information normal people don't, therefore he must have known something.

Can you actually point me to when and where he actually said that.

I could'nt find a direct source (no stormfront does'nt count!) but Nixon was well known in an unspoken way for being an anti-semite. I dug up this article which gives you an idea of the man.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The president of germany said something similar in the 1930s

and we all know how much of a fine upstanding citezen Nixon turned out to be.

The problem Nixon had wieth the media is that the media was able to uncover his dirty dealings, which he didnt like.

Wibbs wrote:

was just wondering, do irish get blamed for homelessness for "controlling" the building industry?

mike65 wrote:
    I could'nt find a direct source (no stormfront does'nt count!) but Nixon was well known in an unspoken way for being an anti-semite. I dug up this article which gives you an idea of the man.

Mike.

Yep, I was aware that Nixon was very anti-semite just hadn't heard that one before, hence the reason I asked.

• Advertisement

The point I'm making is that since the Jews control a large section of the US media they'll use that power to influence people in any way they want. Thats what the media does.

It doesn't matter if the Jews targeted the media as soon as the got to the US, the point is they are there now. They like any "good" business people would then have come togethar and operated their businesses (in this case they concentrate on ideas instead of prices) like a cartel. You see, thats what happens in the real world.

Certain interest groups will create their own media to cater for their groups different ideologies and interests There are literally thousands of TV stations, radio stations and newspapers in the US, if you dont like say, Fox news for its Right wing viewpoint, you can always go elswhere..

people have a choice, it is not like they are being brainwashed.

KnowItAll wrote:
    The point I'm making is that since the Jews control a large section of the US media they'll use that power to influence people in any way they want. Thats what the media does.

Did you know that Al-Waleed bin Talal (Saudi Prince) has 5.46 percent of the Fox News just recently, which from reports is actually a large share.

Advertisement