Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crazy upload speeds!

• 01-10-2005 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi i'm on 1mb breeze ibb connection, not far ago i applied for 2mb breeze upgrade, techsupport guy told me that they will have to come over my place and install new equipment, while in office fella told me they will do it remotely, since then my dl speed havent increased but my upload stream went crazy its varies from 10mb to 45mb, its crazy and its impossable cause connection its self stated as 10mb LAN. Can any1 help me?

i would like to exchange my upload speed to download speed and via versa :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

so IBB do actually have some sort of connection to the internet.

Interesting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

HA!

I actually get wonderful service from IBB. never had a problem. never. I'm on the home 1mbps service and i've never had these 'poor speeds' other people seem to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

id say upload the stuff you always wanted uploaded right now while you still can

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

here's what i get from my cable modem, far cry from your upload!
    if you're setting up an ftp send me on the details!!

even with a good download speed i generally find boards slow, anyone know what isp they use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kill4bite

well upload speed is cool, i upload anything i want movies etc :D goes so so fast, but i want such download speed, eDonkey users should be very happy when i'm running it, cause i dl at 12-20kb and upload to single user at 70kbps and usually have around 12 users, lol any1 from ibb is watching this board?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

IBB don't pay attention to the slow speeds... But I'll bet they'll pay attention to that.
    Oh! & yes IBB do read boards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The Irish Broadband Speedtest test doesn't work right in Opera, which is why you're getting impossible speeds. Try it in IE instead - it's the only time I ever actually use IE...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The irish broadband speedtest just doesn't work very well in anything.
    It's very, very unreliable IME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

ya i was getting speeds of like 6mbit down and 24mbit up....ha
    wish the test was right because it was more like 0.2mbit down and
    0.1mbit up, thank god i have got rid of that IBB crap.

But in saying that when it works it great i have often got speeds of like
    500KB/s up and down at the same time using bittorrent on a 3meg line but
    its still not worth it only worked like once a week.

Advertisement