Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterproofing

• 01-10-2005 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

Just wondering can anyone provide any info/links on waterproofing RC trucks. I reckon it could come in handy in the coming months!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

yeah it would be dead kool to water proot with the winter. maybe ya could make a big underplate cut to sise? if ya kknow what i mean. or googleise it it computer abusers bestest friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Already googled it. Found some mentions of baloons and liquid plastic but couldn't find a proper step by step guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

I dont think it would be posibe to water proof a truck or car. It would have to be a feature that was already built into the design as the shell and base plate would have to meet all the way round and seal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

dts wrote:
    I dont think it would be posibe to water proof a truck or car. It would have to be a feature that was already built into the design as the shell and base plate would have to meet all the way round and seal.
    It definitely is possible as i've found plenty of references to it online. But like I said I just can't find a difinitive step by step guide. From what I gather it basically involves sealing all the electronics with either baloons or some kind of silicone or liquid plastic. When I say waterproof I mean rain/splash proof.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The receiver needs a plastic balloon type cover over it.
    Also WD40 sprayed over it is an excellent water excluding process to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Sounds interesting. I supose you could use clear silicone to seal all the exposed electronics. Water could still get in the servos where the link is and you would have some serious cleaning to do afterwards! :eek:

Advertisement