Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night course in Limerick

Options
  • 01-10-2005 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

hey I'm looking for an Astronomy night course in Limerick. One of the 10 week thingys in the schools would be perfect but I can't seem to find any!

If anyone has any idea please let me know!

thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Limerick VEC list all of the night courses available in Limerick, I don't think there's an astronomy course at the moment though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Thanks! I'd seen that as well.
    I think I was just hoping for a miracle! haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

What would a night course on astronomy include? Surely it's just about getting out and seeing stuff yourself? If you go over to irishastronomy.org, there are members of the Shannonside Astronomy Club there who I'm sure would have details of any outings they might do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

whyulittle wrote:
    What would a night course on astronomy include? Surely it's just about getting out and seeing stuff yourself? If you go over to irishastronomy.org, there are members of the Shannonside Astronomy Club there who I'm sure would have details of any outings they might do.

It would include a brief history / introduction to astronomy. My husband did one in Ashton School in Cork last year and found it extremely interesting. This was a follow up to the telescope he got for Xmas.
    Since then we have moved overseas and the telescope is being minded by a friend of ours in Limerick and I was hoping to find an equivalent course in Limerick to get the taste buds going as we're sure he'll be extremely interested.
    I'll pass the Shannonside website onto him anyway

Advertisement