Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best source for urgently needed €400, details within.

Options
  • 01-10-2005 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, quick rundown of my current situation - I urgently need €400 by next Tuesday.

I currently have a student loan with Bank of Ireland that is sitting at -€1050 which has to be paid back by next September so whilst I am in a comfortable position on that loan I'm not sure if I can use them to get another €400.

I won't have time to apply / recieve a credit card at such short notice.

I do have a grant of €1200 coming my way but that won't be for a week or so - would Bank of Ireland provide me with a Grant Advance Overdraft at such short notice / time? Also, I have no way of getting indemnity cover for such a loan if required.

Is there any other source of €400 at such short notice? I'm not a member of any credit unions and no one I know is really in a position to lend me such a sum.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can't help you I'm afraid, just reminding you to make sure you open a credit union account now, so you don't get stuck again. It's easy to let it slide when the pressing problem is over and done with.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

your best bet is definitely the bank, they will probably help you out, but would be best to go for an overdraft maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Well, if one of my friends asked for €400 that i'd have back in the next two weeks, I'd give it to them. Ask one of your close friends.

Advertisement