Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colt And Adsl

Options
  • 10-09-2001 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Thanks for your email.

COLT is currently in negotiations with Eircom to
    evaluate offering ADSL services to business in the Dublin area. COLT currently offers ADSL services to customers in a number of European countries and it is our intention to replicate our ADLS services in Ireland.

Derek O'Connor is an Account Executive with COLT and he will be in contact with you regarding some of COLTs always on solutions.

Regarding pricing I can safely say we have very competitive pricing both within Ireland and in particular to EU destinations.

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Who are Colt?
    I take it they cannot offer ADSLto exchanges not rooled out by eircom.

When will pricing details be avialble for Colt's service?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Regarding pricing I can safely say we have very competitive pricing both within Ireland and in particular to EU destinations.

Read as: "Eircom do leased lines for £10,000, whereas we do them for £9,999!"

Thanks for that infomat. Keep us posted.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by dahamsta

Read as: "Eircom do leased lines for £10,000, whereas we do them for £9,999!"

Thanks for that infomat. Keep us posted.

adam

True ... a few months ago they quoted me for lease line access and it was not much better than Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

I checked COLT's ADSL pricing in the UK which is as follows. At this stage I do not believe that they will be much of an alternative to Eircom or Esat

£260 installation £127 per month 250Kbit/s 500Kbit/s Optional 20:1 4 RJ45 Port Ethernet Hub Yes
    £260 installation £150 per month 250Kbit/s 1Mbit/ps Optional 20:1 4 RJ45 Port Ethernet Hub Yes
    £260 installation £173 per month 250Kbit/s 2Mbit/ps Optional 20:1 4 RJ45 Port Ethernet Hub Yes

Up to 60% discount

 Offer open to business customers only
     Availability subject to proximity to BT ADSL enabled exchange and other BT line checks
     Discount applies to telephony spend on a per site per month basis
     Where a customer has multiple sites this will be dealt with on a case by case basis
     Discount will range from 22% to 61% depending on monthly telephony spend
     Actual discount will be calculated on COLT rather than BT telephony rates
     Discount will increase / decrease on a month by month basis according to telephony spend
     Discount applies to COLT Connect indirect telephony service only
     Minimum contract term 12 Months
     Installation is charged at standard rate. No discount applies
     You will be required to provide COLT with a copy of your BT phone bill
     Customers will require a stand alone BT phone line

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just as an aside, broadband suppliers in the UK are continuing to drop their prices in line with BT's price cuts:

Nildram cuts cost of business-based broadband

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

from electric news:
    "We have 15,000 DSL customers in the UK and we want to offer the same service to the corporate market in Ireland," said Keogh. "However, this will depend on Eircom's pricing structure and its roll-out plans."

Although they have a pan-european fibre optic network, they are pretty much in the same boat as esat ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

Originally posted by infomat
    I checked COLT's ADSL pricing in the UK which is as follows. At this stage I do not believe that they will be much of an alternative to Eircom or Esat

£260 installation £127 per month 250Kbit/s 500Kbit/s Optional 20:1 4 RJ45 Port Ethernet Hub Yes
    £260 installation £150 per month 250Kbit/s 1Mbit/ps Optional 20:1 4 RJ45 Port Ethernet Hub Yes
    £260 installation £173 per month 250Kbit/s 2Mbit/ps Optional 20:1 4 RJ45 Port Ethernet Hub Yes

Up to 60% discount

 Offer open to business customers only
     Availability subject to proximity to BT ADSL enabled exchange and other BT line checks
     Discount applies to telephony spend on a per site per month basis
     Where a customer has multiple sites this will be dealt with on a case by case basis
     Discount will range from 22% to 61% depending on monthly telephony spend
     Actual discount will be calculated on COLT rather than BT telephony rates
     Discount will increase / decrease on a month by month basis according to telephony spend
     Discount applies to COLT Connect indirect telephony service only
     Minimum contract term 12 Months
     Installation is charged at standard rate. No discount applies
     You will be required to provide COLT with a copy of your BT phone bill
     Customers will require a stand alone BT phone line

thats actually quiet good, see the RJ45 connector, that so you can conenct it to an ethernet card and share it out over serveral pcs, and the 20:1 ratio beats the hell otu of the bt 50:1. i dear say that service should be very good,

allso english prices have no reflection on prices here, the prices depend on the wholesale price

Advertisement