Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ISP

• 02-10-2005 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Well our IBB contract ends in a month and i am wondering which ISP to go for now.

The choices are:

1. Eircom Home Plus

2. BT Home Plus

3. Digiweb DSL2

(Smart isnt available in my area)

Now i have heard good things about Digiweb but im not sure.
    I will mainly use it for gaming so low pigs are a must.
    I have to be able to connect it to my wireless router.

Also, this Digiweb metro 3Mb, Its sounds good and has a good price but do i have to cahnge my phone number or something? It seems too good to be true.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You need not change your phone number with Metro but must still pay eircom line rental to keep the number or else Port it (move it) to Digiweb.

At €35 a month just for BB its a good deal anyway and you get a second (Digiweb) phone number if you must keep the old one AND can use VoIP too .

Pings on Metro are somewhat unknown at this point, its new.

Both eircom and bt dsl are fairly low ping while BT has business BB on some urban exchanges with very low pings, not using eircom dsl gear at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

the minute i get my metro, you will know what pings im getting, granted im getting the 4mb/1mb package.

Advertisement