Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gumball Rally info?

Options
  • 02-10-2005 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the Gumball rally? How much does it really cost? Is it as good as its cracked up to do? I've spoken to a couple of people and it was tough to get any worthwhile info from them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

We shall all come to visit you in Bremen Prison. I would get a list of all Irish consulates before you leave, I gaurantee you will be needing them at some stage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

This year is costing around £30k per person because they're shipping the cars all around the world. Just do a Gumball search on google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Sorry to be bumping up an old thread, but I reckon you motor guys might be interested in this!

A job for a "Professional Driver with a Security/Military background" for this years Gumball Rally.

I'm assuming they have some kind of deal (i.e. not £30k or whatever) for their driver just to drive their car! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

dublindude wrote:
    Sorry to be bumping up an old thread, but I reckon you motor guys might be interested in this!

A job for a "Professional Driver with a Security/Military background" for this years Gumball Rally.

I'm assuming they have some kind of deal (i.e. not £30k or whatever) for their driver just to drive their car! :eek:

Christ, I wouldnt mind taking up that job!

I reckon the car is worth serious money, and the owner is a pansy. FFS, just keep your doors locked at all times and you'll be fine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

dublindude wrote:

I'm ideal for this, I drove a delivery van for a once and was in the FCA.
    Do I qualify?
    Mind you given what I saw on the telly, I'd be fired on the first night coz of the no drinkin rule.

Sounds to me like this guy is a complete pussy, who wants to look cool while the hired help protects him and drives him about.

Maybe it is a girl, then theres another reason I'd be fired the first night, rich chick with money like that, only a matter of time before I get legless and frisky :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

RobAMerc wrote:
    I'm ideal for this, I drove a delivery van for a once and was in the FCA.
    Do I qualify?
    Mind you given what I saw on the telly, I'd be fired on the first night coz of the no drinkin rule.

Sounds to me like this guy is a complete pussy, who wants to look cool while the hired help protects him and drives him about.

Maybe it is a girl, then theres another reason I'd be fired the first night, rich chick with money like that, only a matter of time before I get legless and frisky :D

Maybe its just some rich fscker who wants to show his car off, and also get hammered enroute. Either way I wouldnt last long, id need booze to be able to cope with all the rich-man sh1t talk

Loads of cool Google video on the 2005 Rally.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Gumball+3000+extreme+tv

RobAMerc wrote:

I'd rather be a complete pussy with a Ferrari and a million quid in the bank than a normal bloke driving a Mondeo working 9 to 5!!! :eek:

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

dublindude wrote:
    I'd rather be a complete pussy with a Ferrari and a million quid in the bank than a normal bloke driving a Mondeo working 9 to 5!!! :eek:
    :D:D

That's pretty sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

• Advertisement

BnA wrote:
    That's pretty sad.

Well, a couple of months in the gym and you've got the pussy factor sorted! No problem with me.

Advertisement