Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netgear MA311 NIC prob

• 02-10-2005 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all...

FIrstly, I had IBB breeze connected to my tower (XP Home SP2) on-board NIC on which I enabled ICS in conjuncton with a Netgear MA311 wireless NIC. Everything worked fine and dandy for my WIFI laptop to share files and connect to the net.

Then I got a Linksys WRV54G wireless router to try out. Config was a breeze and I had Inet access, file sharing operating fine on the tower and laptop. The router has to go back, so I went back to my original setup as above.

Although,

1) the wireless NIC installs OK
    2) device manager sees the wireless NIC OK (no warning symbols)
    3) the wireless NIC shows up in Network connections
    4) the WLAN application installs OK

Problems is, the activity LED on the NIC keeps flashing and the WLAN application icon in the taskbar has a big red X going through it. It should normally light up green. When I double click, the boxes for SSID, channel #, adhoc/infrastructure etc are greyed out. It also keeps scanning!

I have tried the NIC on a W2K SP4 machine and the same is happening! On the XP machine, when I goto to the properties of the wireless NIC I don't get the option to let Windows manage the connection. Also when I ICS the wired LAN, the wireless NIC gets the usual 192.168.0.1 IP address.

I have tried the latest WLAN app & drivers from netgear.com, but I get the same results.

Any ideas? I think I have given as much info as I can.

thank you

Advertisement